Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nikolas van Etten 202 posts 162 karma points
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 02:17
    Nikolas van Etten

Cache-problems 4.7.1.1

On a small client site, I've got 4 simple pages with some imported data ajaxed into a bar on every page of the site. As I do not want to bomb the external site with my scraping every time a page is reloaded, I've set up quite long caching (900s). Every now and then this leads to the page itself will be loading (ajaxing) the wrong page into the site so that the data from one of the pages is shown for all other pages or in some cases only some of them. If I remove caching it seems to work as intended, but that's really not an option.

Anyone know why and how to fix?

• Dan Okkels Brendstrup 101 posts 197 karma points
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 13:45
    Dan Okkels Brendstrup

Have you enabled the "Cache by page" setting on the macro? And do the four pages actually have distinct URLs (in which case that setting should do the trick), or simply different query string parameters?

Apr 04, 2012 @ 22:00
    Nikolas van Etten

The "Cache by page" option is enabled and the four pages have distinct urls.

The page can be found here: http://kajakkpilotene.nikolas.vanetten.no/

The ajaxed information is to be found in the left hand menu.

Checking it right now it seems to be working fine, but every now and then it stops working as it should and it's super frustrating as I'm more or less completely sure that this is some sort of bug with Umbraco.

Apr 06, 2012 @ 10:06
    Nikolas van Etten

Anyone? Site should have been released, but this bug is stopping that from happening... I cannot even come up with a work-around. Could this be related to the problem reported here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/8584-Severe-Issue-with-macro-caching-under-heavy-load

If so, should I downgrade to 4.7.1?

• sun 403 posts 395 karma points
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 10:40
    sun

Where is 4.7.2?

Apr 07, 2012 @ 01:08
    Nikolas van Etten

I ended up creating a xml which contained all imported data so that one is more or less only caching one single occurence of this macro, and thus it seems to be working as intended now.

After installing Umbraco 5 for testing, I quite immediately realized that I'm not going to change anytime soon for production purposes, so the need for proper Umbraco 4 support is still very much needed! 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft