Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Inmedia 124 posts 176 karma points
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:19
    Inmedia

Pagination for Umbraco 4.7 ?

Does anyone know where I can find either a tutorial or a script for pagination in Umbrac 4.7?

I have tried this from the Umbraco TV tutorials... But it doesnt seem to work for Umbraco 4.7.

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:24
    Dan

Hi,

Chriztian Steinmeier has a number of XSLT helpers on GitHub.  There is an XSLT pagination helper which I've not used personally, but is almost certainly going to do what you need.

Apr 29, 2012 @ 13:47
    Inmedia

I have tried doing as the description from Chriztian says, but I cant seem to get it to work.

Shouldn't I be able to create a new XSLT file inside Umbraco, called PaginationHelper, copying the XSLT code from his file in there, and then be able to save without any errors? Because I can't do that.

I am kind of a rookie at XSLT...I have no idea how to implement this helper he created...

Apr 29, 2012 @ 16:12
    Inmedia

Nevermind... I solved it with Razor instead. Turns out Umbraco 4.7 has a pre-build Razor template to do Paging :)

So no need to do it with XSLT anymore.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8787 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 18:21
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Inmedia,

It's great you found a simpler solution with Razor - just to comment on the helper (thanks @Dan for suggesting it) - the front page of the project explains the basics of how to use them, but maybe I need to explain that a little bit better - I'll definitely look into that, since they're designed to be usable outside of Umbraco too.

Anyone arriving here, searching for paging in XSLT who are not willing (or able for any reason) to try the Razor approach are welcome to contact me, regarding the use of the helpers.

/Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft