Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Jul 25, 2009 @ 18:59
    Lesley

Difference between umbraco.library and Exslt?

Just wondering...

What's the difference between (for example):

<xsl:value-of select="Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes:formatdate(@createDate, 'dd MM yyyy')"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:FormatDateTime(@createDate, 'dd MM yyyy')"/>

Which is better to use? Of the examples I've seen (from community packages etc), people always seem to use the umbraco.library way, but the Exslt seems a little more intuative to me.

• Nikolas van Etten 202 posts 162 karma points
    Jul 25, 2009 @ 19:05
    Nikolas van Etten

I think that's mainly due to the fact that Exslt has been part of the core since v4. Previous to that you had to manually add it.

Have not tried to compare the two, but there are more options with Exslt (which is why I used it with v3).

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jul 26, 2009 @ 17:29
    Douglas Robar

Hi, Lesley,

The Exslt extensions are a standard library (see www.exslt.org) that Per added to get even more capabilities in xslt. It has some overlap with functions that were already in the umbraco.library extension, such as the FormatDataTime(). I've used both and never had a problem with either. Though, on the other hand, if you find one works better for you, has more features, or works more to your liking... use that one!

cheers,
    doug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft