Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• vladzebu 59 posts 346 karma points
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 07:46
    vladzebu

Directory created under Developer/ XSLT Files

How to create directory under Developer /XSLT Files . 

I create directory under Umbraco /XSLT and i can see that directory in Umbraco BackEnd . Also i see the xslt files created under new directory . 

But i can't see under de Macro and i can't create from umbraco new xlst under new directory . 

How can i resolve it? 

Best regards , Vlad 

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 08:28
    Dirk De Grave

Hm, think you'll need to put the xslt's back in the xslt root directory. It may be a bug that you can't reference xslt files put in subdir's from a macro?

If that's the case, please report on Codeplex!

Cheers,

/Dirk

• vladzebu 59 posts 346 karma points
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 08:37
    vladzebu

Dirk , can you give me a link where to report on codeplex ? 

I don't know if there is a bug , i think was omitted to reference xslt  from subdirectory on macro . 

I put on the root directory of xslt files and everything is k . 

But if i want to have multiple web site , is not k to mix the xslt from one web site to other in the same directory.

Best regards , Vlad . 

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 09:07
    Dirk De Grave

Vlad, Ok, let's consider it a feature then.... Might have been reported on Codeplex already. If so, vote for it (you need an account and be logged in tho)

(http://www.codeplex.com/umbraco)

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 10:16
    Thomas Höhler

I am using subdirectories for xslts without problems.

First of all you can create a new xslt by rightclick on the xslt node and not on the subdirectory node. Then you can enter the name of the folder followed by a slash and the name of xslt file (eg: subfolder/myxslt.xslt). This works like a charm.

I also can see the xslts in my subfolders editing the macro. It is a simple file and folder iteration. So please check the userrights on the created subfolder. Give the NETWORK_SERVICE Account read/write access.

hth,
    Thomas

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 10:21
    Thomas Höhler

One thing I forgot: you have to create the folder manually before you can create an xslt to place it inside. i think this would be a new featurerequest for umbraco.

Thomas

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Aug 11, 2009 @ 15:06
    Aaron Powell

FYI - Thomas has submitted a patch which allows you to create XSLT's in subfolders from the backend. This patch is now part of the code for 4.1.

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Aug 11, 2009 @ 15:16
    Warren Buckley

Sweet finally I can organise the many XSLTs into subfolders yipeeee - roll on Friday !

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft