Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matias Korn 30 posts 49 karma points
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 14:09
    Matias Korn

Unrecognized Guid format HELP - important

Hello everybody.

I have a website and i wanted to replace - with a space for the url in the navigation XSLT and after that somehow the guid might have been changed, because the whole website have a big error: "Unrecognized Guid format". I have tried to see in the database and the node guid looks alright and i have even tried to change it...

If i remove the xslt the same bug is there.

I have tried to clear cache..

The website WORKS without any problems in PREVIEW mode.

So it realy doesn't make any sense at all.

Stack trace:

[FormatException: Unrecognized Guid format.]
    System.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException) +4772444
    System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result) +138
    System.Guid..ctor(String g) +247
    umbraco.presentation.UmbracoContext.GetXml() +191
    umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1179
    System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +49
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1844

Unhandled Execution Error:

Unrecognized Guid format.
    at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
    at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
    at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
    at umbraco.presentation.UmbracoContext.GetXml()
    at umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

thanks for any help.

Jun 05, 2012 @ 20:02
    Matias Korn

I found a solution. I Exporten the Application in IIS, made a copy of the site and got it up and running with no errors and then exporten the "fixed" website and imported it to the old IIS Website and done.

Jun 13, 2012 @ 11:20
    Matias Korn

Happened again and an import doesn't work... It is realy annoying that it happens, because it is not my code, because if i delete everything the error is still there... It is probably some kind of cache problem, but tried "Republish entire site" is still not working.... I can access the umbraco administartion without any problems.

• Vasilis 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jun 13, 2012 @ 20:24
    Vasilis

Did you find any solution?

I have exactly the same problem. When I clear the cookies everything goes well but after some time may that happen again. 

Jun 14, 2012 @ 09:13
    Matias Korn

No sadly no. I realy hope that it is not going to be a problem in production stage. Its not good :( 

Jun 14, 2012 @ 09:21
    Vasilis

I have uploaded the web site to a shared host. 

The problem is that this does not happen always. It happens only from one computer, and if cookies deleted  all run good for some time. 

I uploaded the whole site again to see if that continues happening. 

It's realy stange..

I will let you know for any progress...

Jun 14, 2012 @ 09:23
    Matias Korn

thanks. I realy hope that the umbraco team find a solution for this very soon btw using 4.7 version here

Jun 14, 2012 @ 09:34
    Vasilis

I also use 4.7.2.

I am realy trying to reproduce that on another computer and I can't. Any ideas ?

Jun 14, 2012 @ 10:11
    Matias Korn

Use Microsoft Deployment Tool 2.1. Remember to stop med website, because of the Umbraco Database - while you use the tool to zip it. Try that

Jun 14, 2012 @ 10:39
    Vasilis

Nothing changed. I am trying to aproach it as much as possible. 

(If that helps): After deleting cookies, everything runs well, but when I save an article or something ''Unrecognized Guid format" exception occurs.

Jun 14, 2012 @ 16:28
    Matias Korn

Do you have more than one window open with a session or a cookie set... one or more windows active on the website where you are logged in ? in different browser. Might be the reason.. Looks like for me.

• Robert Hughes 87 posts 110 karma points
    Jun 29, 2012 @ 00:03
    Robert Hughes

I also got this issue yesterday. This seems like a big ol' fashioned bug to me - can we raise it in the issue tracker. By the look of the stacktrace it looks like a lack of safety checking in the code. Not sure how cookies can affect someone on the front-end viewing a page though. Very strange.

Jun 29, 2012 @ 05:25
    Vasilis

It's a kind of bug for sure. 

Let me tell you what that did happen at the one of the computers as I told before. Something happened with some activex plugins of the browser and caused that exception. I couldn't figure out what exactly is wrong. But I cleaned up the computer with the issue, and this doesn't happen again. 

But there should be a better parsing somewhere in the code, so not to show the exception, nevertheless what happens with browser.

I am not sure if that helps, but that what happend to me. 

• Denis 47 posts 68 karma points
    Sep 02, 2012 @ 08:56
    Denis

I have same problem, umbraco was broken on my presentation for clients, it was stoped working with errors. I have demonstrate fronthend pages this was working well, then i have go to backend and i have change some text and publish, after that site was broken and fronthend pages not shown but errors. I was stop demonstration.

In umbraco log ther was error report:

At / (Referred by: ): System.FormatException: Unrecognized Guid format. at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException) at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result) at System.Guid..ctor(String g) at umbraco.presentation.UmbracoContext.GetXml() at umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

After 2 hours i was go home and try again, now site is working without errors. 

Where is the problem, i am woryed how it will working in future ? 

Version is 4.7.2 , iis 7, asp 4

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft