Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cre8tive 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 09, 2012 @ 17:40
    Cre8tive

Adding JW Player ... Need a little help

Thank you in advance for any help provided...

I'm a complete newb in Umbraco, know nothing about ASP.NET, and am utterly lost ... so pelase be gentle.

I am working on a site that needs a video player and decided to go with JW Player because that is what I am most familiar with. I created the XLST and Macro and everything is working except for the image thumbnail.

I may be missing a step (since I am new to this) or there may be something wrong with my code. I basically took the videoNode (which works) and duplicated it for the imageNode.

---------------------------------------------------XLST---------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:Stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
        version="1.0"
        xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
        xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
        xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library"
        exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library">

<xsl:output method="html" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>
    <xsl:variable name="videonode" select="/macro/videoNode"/>
    <xsl:variable name="videoid" select="generate-id($videonode)"/>
    <xsl:variable name="videopath" select="$videonode/File/umbracoFile"/>
    <xsl:variable name="videoheight" select="/macro/VideoHeight"/>
    <xsl:variable name="videowidth" select="/macro/VideoWidth"/>

<xsl:variable name="imagenode" select="/macro/imageNode"/>
    <xsl:variable name="imageid" select="generate-id($imagenode)"/>
    <xsl:variable name="imagepath" select="$imagenode/File/umbracoFile"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<!-- JW Player ============================================================= -->

<script type='text/javascript' src='/scripts/jwplayer/jwplayer.js'></script>

<div id='mediaspace'>This text will be replaced</div>  
    <script type='text/javascript'>
      jwplayer('mediaspace').setup({
        'flashplayer': '/scripts/jwplayer/player.swf',
        'file': '<xsl:value-of select="$videopath" />',      
        'image': '<xsl:value-of select="$imagepath" />', 
        'backcolor': 'FFFFFF',
        'frontcolor': '0079c1',
        'lightcolor': 'FFFFFF',
        'screencolor': 'FFFFFF',
        'bufferlength': '25',
        'controlbar': 'bottom',
        'width': '<xsl:value-of select="$videowidth"/>',
        'height': '<xsl:value-of select="$videoheight"/>' <!-- NOTE: must add 24px height to accomodate player control bar -->
      });
    </script>  
    </xsl:template>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

---------------------------------------------------The Resulting Macro in the Editor---------------------------------------------------

<div umb_imagenode="2064" umb_videonode="2060" umb_macroalias="JwPlayer" umb_videoheight="531" umb_videowidth="902" ismacro="true" onresizestart="return false;" umbversionid="e51c497e-99a4-4d75-b514-02821778849a" umbpageid="2019" title="This is rendered content from macro" class="umbMacroHolder"><!-- startUmbMacro --><span style="color: green;"><strong>JW Player</strong><br />No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing</span><!-- endUmbMacro --></div>

---------------------------------------------------The Resulting HTML---------------------------------------------------

As you can see the "image" (thumbnail) is left blank. Everthing else works perfect.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/jwplayer/jwplayer.js"></script><div style="position: relative; width: 902px; height: 531px;" id="mediaspace_wrapper"><object tabindex="0" name="mediaspace" id="mediaspace" bgcolor="#000000" data="/scripts/jwplayer/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100%" width="100%"><param value="true" name="allowfullscreen"><param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess"><param value="true" name="seamlesstabbing"><param value="window" name="wmode"><param value="netstreambasepath=http%3A%2F%2Ftestca.chrsolutions.com%2Fvideo%2Fomnia360promo%2F&amp;id=mediaspace&amp;file=%2Fmedia%2F10819%2Fomnia360promo.flv&amp;image=&amp;backcolor=FFFFFF&amp;frontcolor=0079c1&amp;lightcolor=FFFFFF&amp;screencolor=FFFFFF&amp;bufferlength=25&amp;controlbar.position=bottom" name="flashvars"></object></div><script type="text/javascript">
      jwplayer('mediaspace').setup({
        'flashplayer': '/scripts/jwplayer/player.swf',
        'file': '/media/10819/omnia360promo.flv',      
        'image': '',     
        'backcolor': 'FFFFFF',
        'frontcolor': '0079c1',
        'lightcolor': 'FFFFFF',
        'screencolor': 'FFFFFF',
        'bufferlength': '25',
        'controlbar': 'bottom',
        'width': '902',
        'height': '531' 
      });
    </script> 

---------------------------------------------------The Macro Parameters---------------------------------------------------

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 03:50
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Welcome to Umbraco!

I think your issue is that your XSLT for the imagepath is looking for a "File" element where it should be an "Image" element.  The XML in Umbraco stores as elements of the Document or Media Type's alias, for example <Homepage> or <Image>, <File>, etc.  (more info here)  Normally this isn't an issue using GetMedia etc, but the mediaCurrent macro parameter happens to return the parent element as well.

So you can change to this:

<xsl:variable name="imagepath" select="$imagenode/Image/umbracoFile"/>

Or to encompass any media type you could use this also:

<xsl:variable name="imagepath" select="$imagenode/*/umbracoFile"/>

Hope this helps,
    Tom 

• Cre8tive 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 15:39
    Cre8tive

Perfect! Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: