Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lauren 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 17, 2012 @ 17:07
    Lauren

error parsing blog xslt file in business site after unpublishing blog

Hi all, I'm brand new to Umbraco so your patience is appreciated!

I installed Umbraco 4.8 with the "business starter kit." I unpublished the "company blog" and "about" nodes. Then, I commented out the blog and newsfeed in the "business homepage" template.

Now when I load the site, I see the following error on all of the site pages: "Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\umbBlogRssFeedLink.xslt".

I tried appending ?umbdebugshowtrace=true to the URLs, but the site is not showing me stack trace information.

Where do I start to fix this problem?

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 17, 2012 @ 17:24
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Lauren - welcome to the community!

This probably happens because the macro that use this file is placed somewhere on a template - could sound like it's generating a <link> tag in the <head> section somewhere. The macro is very likely to require the presence of a Blog section... 

You can go to the Developer section and find the Macro that use this file. Then you need to find the template where the macro is called.

/Chriztian 

Aug 17, 2012 @ 17:31
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Ah - just noticed you said you've commented out the newsfeed, which is probably the culprit.

If you've just put standard HTML comment tags around the <umbraco:Macro> tag (or any other .NET control), that won't work - the macro is called anyway because of the runat="server" attribute (I guess the MS-devs were a little lax in their parsing rules :-).

Try deleting the macro tag entirely, or change the attribute to runningat="server" or something similar that makes it a non-servertag completely.  

/Chriztian

Aug 17, 2012 @ 17:47
    Lauren

Hi Chriztian, thanks for replying.

I went to the business homepage template and completely removed the "umbBusinessFrontpageBlog" and "umbFeedViewer" macro references that I had previously commented out. But, I still see the "Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\umbBlogRssFeedLink.xslt" message on all of the site pages.

Business homepage template code now says:

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpages/umbMaster.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="cp_content" runat="server">
      <div id="content" class="frontPage">
        <umbraco:Item runat="server" field="bodyText"/>

<umbraco:Macro Alias="umbBusinessFrontpageNews" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

</div>
    </asp:Content>
    Aug 17, 2012 @ 17:56
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Lauren,

OK - then you should check the umbMaster template (that's the alias, it's probably just called Master...

I would guess that's where the problem is...

PS: If you don't get any debug info using ?umbDebugShowTrace=True you need to enable debugging in the web.config - it's should be easy to find.

/Chriztian

Aug 20, 2012 @ 20:32
    Lauren

Awesome, umbMaster was the culprit. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft