Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• marco 7 posts 28 karma points
    Aug 09, 2009 @ 16:12
    marco

Xslt macro and nodes disappearing

umbraco v 4.0.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3373.718)
    Asp.net 3.5
    Windows 2003
    iis 6

I have built a site of about 700 pages and the site has been running perfectly for at least 4 months without ever a glitch.
    Suddenly today the XSLT macros could not find nodes anymore and therefore all the site navigation had disappeared.
    I have tried republishing one page with the hope that the /data/umbraco.config  file would rebuild itself and everything would be
    back to normal, but this was not sufficient.
    The only successfull action was to republish the entire site.

Has anyone experienced this before?
    Any suggestions on how could I prevent this to happen again?

Tx for your help in advance

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Aug 10, 2009 @ 08:55
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Marco,

Maybe a stupid question but isn't it possible that someone Unpublished these pages? Or someone set the unpublish date on the properties tab of the document? Nodes don't disappear by themselves from the umbraco.config file.

Cheers,

Richard

• marco 7 posts 28 karma points
    Aug 10, 2009 @ 10:39
    marco

Hi Richard,
    not a stupid question at all, as it was the first thing I checked when I logged in the admin. None of the pages has the unpublish date set
    and the pages had not been manually unpublished. Had it been so I would have expected the pages in the treenode to be greyed out and
    they weren't.
    It is very odd though as at that stage publishing one page should have rebuilt the entire umbraco.config and it didn't happen.

Marco

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Aug 10, 2009 @ 12:55
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Marco,

Strange, never had this scenario (apart  when a client said he didn't do anything and unpublished the root node...). But publishing one node shouldn't publish the complete site. Only republish a eniter site, or publish node with all child nodes should do that.

Cheers,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft