Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ankita 42 posts 62 karma points
    Aug 30, 2012 @ 10:29
    Ankita

Parsing Error In umbraco.library.DateGreaterThanOrEqual(String firstDate, String secondDate)

I get error when comare tow dates using function  DateGreaterThanOrEqual(String firstDate, String secondDate)

when I compare using current date its working properly, but when I compare current date with datepicter date , It gives error

my code is:-

<xsl:variable name="node" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'Test1']" />
    <xsl:variable name="fdate" select="$node/data[@alias='CompEnd']"/>
    <xsl:variable name="sdate" select="umbraco.library:CurrentDate()"/>
       <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:DateGreaterThanOrEqual( $fdate, $sdate)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Error occured

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. 
    at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles) 
    at umbraco.library.DateGreaterThanOrEqual(String firstDate, String secondDate)

Thanks,

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 30, 2012 @ 11:06
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Ankita,

Is it possible that "$node/data[@alias='CompEnd']" doesn't contain a date?  Try outputting it to see what's in there.

<xsl:value-of select="$fdate" />

Cheers, Lee.

Aug 30, 2012 @ 15:48
    Ankita

Hi Lee,

I have checked the value that comes from 

<xsl:value-of select="$fdate"/>

<br/>

<xsl:value-of select="$sdate"/>

is in format

2012-08-13T02:32:00
    2012-08-30T08:43:50

But when we compare currentdate this does not give any error , It works properly.

Aug 31, 2012 @ 10:41
    Ankita

Is there anyone who can solve my problem.

why function  DateGreaterThanOrEqual(String firstDate, String secondDate) not get my datepicker value, besides it is not giving error when used  "sdate" variable

In sdate it get current date 

I have checked the value that comes from my datapicker property and current date is:-

<xsl:value-of select="$datepicker"/> <xsl:value-of select="$currentdate"/>

is in format

2012-08-13T02:32:00
    2012-08-30T08:43:50

Please tell me what's a silly mistake that I am doing .

Please help me ,I got stuck by this error

Any reply would be appreciable,

thanks in advance

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 01, 2012 @ 16:48
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Ankita,

How many documents of the type Test1 do you have in the site?

The thing is that $fdate actually a nodeset of all the CompEnd properties of all Test1 documents in the Umbraco solution - so that might be the problem (because a nodeset is sent to the function).

The reason you get a seemingly valid value with value-of, is because the value-of instruction will only output the first node, if passed a nodeset.

So I think you need to specify the exact node you want to do the comparison with...

/Chriztian

Sep 02, 2012 @ 21:04
    Ankita

Hi Chriztian,

I have used only one time "Test1" document type in my hierarchy. So in that case there is only one property named "CompEnd" in hierarchy. I am still stuck by this problem. So if you have any other solution/idea/suggestion regarding this problem, Please reply ASAP.  

thanks,

Bhuvneshwari.

Sep 02, 2012 @ 21:19
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Okay,

Tricky stuff - could you try the DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday(String date) function? Just to see if that throws errors as well?

I'm curious if this could be Locale related somehow... which language is the machine set to? Have you assigned a hostname and language to the tree containing the CompEnd property?

/Chriztian

Sep 03, 2012 @ 06:46
    Ankita

Hi Chriztian,

I have used DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday(String date) function and passed "CompEnd" property value to it, but it throws the same error. Don't know what's happen with it? Do you know solution of this type error? Yes I have assigned hostname and language to the tree.

Thanks for your reply

Sep 03, 2012 @ 07:54
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Which language have you set?

Could you post the entire XSLT file? (Or if it's large, put it on http://gist.github.com and link to it).

/Chriztian

Sep 03, 2012 @ 08:03
    Ankita

Here is my Xslt file:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
        version="1.0"
            xmlns:datetime="http://exslt.org/dates-and-times"
                xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
        xmlns:myfunctionlib="urn:myfunctionlib"
        xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
        xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
        xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets"
        exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets umbraco.library myfunctionlib ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:variable name="node" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'Test1']" />
    <xsl:variable name="fdate" select="$node/data[@alias='CompEnd']"/>
      <!-- 
    <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:DateGreaterThanOrEqual( $sdate, $fdate)"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$fdate"/><br/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$sdate"/>

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:FormatDateTime($node/data[@alias='CompEnd'], 'ddd, dd MMM yyyy hh:mm:ss')"/>
    <br/>
     <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:FormatDateTime(umbraco.library:CurrentDate(), 'ddd, dd MMM yyyy hh:mm:ss')"/>
    <br/>
    <xsl:value-of select="Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes:formatdate( $fdate, 'g')"/>
    <br/>
    <xsl:value-of select="Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes:formatdate( $sdate, 'g')"/>

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:DateGreaterThanOrEqual($b2, $b1)"/>
    -->

<xsl:variable name="b1" select="umbraco.library:FormatDateTime($node/data[@alias='CompEnd'], 'ddd, dd MMM yyyy hh:mm:ss')"/>
    <xsl:variable name="b2" select="umbraco.library:FormatDateTime(umbraco.library:CurrentDate(), 'ddd, dd MMM yyyy hh:mm:ss')"/>

<xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$sdate &lt;= $fdate">
    <xsl:if test="$sdate &lt;= $fdate">
    <div class="comp_end">
    <xsl:variable name="node1" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node/descendant-or-self::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'ContestEnd'] "/>
    <div class="comp_question"><xsl:value-of select="$node1/data[@alias = 'EndContestTitle']"  disable-output-escaping="yes" /></div>

</div> <!-- End comp_end -->

</xsl:if>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>

<div style="comp_start">
    <xsl:variable name="node2" select="$currentPage/ancestor::node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'test']" />

<div class="comp_cta"><a href="#">Enter Competition Here</a></div>

</div> <!-- End comp_start -->

</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

• Arne 10 posts 30 karma points
    Oct 15, 2012 @ 10:00
    Arne
    I experienced the same problem. Got an error message when I compared datepicer date and todays date. I just check the "Skip testing (ignore errors)" in the xsl editor and saved the file, and it worked on the site.
    By checking if the datepicer date is blank or not it works, no error message in the xsl editor.
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft