Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frederik T 234 posts 345 karma points
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 11:38
    Frederik T

Old xslt schema help! List of nodes by date, but with sticky node on top.

Ok, it has been ages since i last asked a question about XSLT, but i am in a situation where i have to edit some files written in the old schema which i have zero clue about.

It is a simple list of latest news posts sorted by date. Now i need to add a new property (true/false) which the editor can tick off wether it should be a sticky or not, and the xslt needs to be edited to reflect this. How do i go about doing this?

Here is the current code:

<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:for-each select="umbraco.library:GetXmlAll()//node [@nodeTypeAlias='News Area']/node [string(data [@alias='umbracoNaviHide']) != '1']">

<xsl:sort select="@createDate" order="descending"/>

<xsl:if test="position() &lt; 11">
    <li>
    <h3><a title="{@nodeName}" href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}"><xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/></a></h3>
    <span><xsl:value-of select="data [@alias = 'summary']"/></span>
    </li>
    </xsl:if>

</xsl:for-each>

</xsl:template>
  • Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8787 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 11:50
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Frederik,

Here's a way to test for stickiness - assuming it's a boolean property named sticky on the documents being iterated:

<xsl:variable name="absRoot" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::root" />
    <xsl:variable name="newsRoot" select="$root//node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'News Area']" />

<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:for-each select="$newsRoot/node[not(data[@alias = 'umbracoNaviHide'] = 1)]">
        <xsl:sort select="@createDate" order="descending" />
        <xsl:if test="position() &lt; 11">
            <li>
                <!-- Add sticky class? -->
                <xsl:if test="data[@alias = 'sticky'] = 1"><xsl:attribute name="class">sticky</xsl:attribute></xsl:if>
                <h3><a title="{@nodeName}" href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}"><xsl:value-of select="@nodeName" /></a></h3>
                <span><xsl:value-of select="data[@alias = 'summary']" /></span>
            </li>
        </xsl:if>
    </xsl:for-each>

</xsl:template>

/Chriztian

Sep 17, 2012 @ 12:13
    Frederik T

Thank you for the quick reply! But is there a way to get it on top of the list? If its possible with xslt that is.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8787 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 12:26
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Oh yes :-)

One smart way would be to make them sort to the top - add this sort before the one for @createDate:

<xsl:sort select="number(boolean(data[@alias = 'sticky'] = 1))" data-type="number" order="descending" />

/Chriztian

Sep 17, 2012 @ 12:42
    Frederik T

Ah yes of course! It makes sense now to use sort. I was just confused by the old schema which i havent tried before. Thanks for the help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft