Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob Jensen 40 posts 60 karma points
    Oct 03, 2012 @ 15:52
    Jacob Jensen

ChangeContentType('text/xml') and Macro caching problem

Hi.

Iwe got the following xslt rendering: http://jmj.727.dk/xslt/xmlrest.xslt

Its works perfect, all browsers get the "text/xml" mimetype.

But if i enable caching (1800sec, Cache By Page) the mime types changes to text/html.

Iam using umbraco 4.9

Can anyone help me out ?

Best regards
    Jacob

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 03, 2012 @ 23:07
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Jacob,

This could very easily be a bug — the cached content most likely gets stored as chunks of HTML (or "markup") - and then when it's time to return those pre-cooked chunks, everyone has forgotten about the supposed ContentType Header change :-)

I suggest you check for a bug (and file it as such if not found) on http://issues.umbraco.org/issues

What you can try in the meantime, is to use the <umbraco:ContentType> server control in the template used for the macro, e.g.:

<umbraco:ContentType runat="server" MimeType="text/xml" />

/Chriztian

• Jacob Jensen 40 posts 60 karma points
    Oct 04, 2012 @ 08:46
    Jacob Jensen

Hi Chriztian

thx for ur reply, the template tags works perfectly (dident knew it excist, thx).

Ill check up on  the bug section, if it not excist ill report it.

Again, thx for ur help !!

Best regards
    Jacob

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 04, 2012 @ 08:54
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Jacob,

You're welcome,

Come to think of it, I can't really see how it could even be fixed (or categorized as a bug per se)... It's really a hack because (IMO) you shouldn't really be able to do something like that in "the view" - but I understand why it's there.

If this should be fixed, the caching mechanism would suddenly need to do a lot more than just store the output, by having to look into each file and check for these types of hacks — which would only make it slower, I guess?

I actually think it's better to add a note on the wiki page for the extension, and mention the server control for those who need to use caching with this - don't you think? 

/Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft