Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ed Parry 64 posts 252 karma points c-trib
    Oct 16, 2012 @ 13:06
    Ed Parry

Upgraded to 4.9, "Error parsing XSLT" on all files

Hi,

I know many people have had similar issues to this where all XSLT files have suddenly had errors in parsing, but as of yet none of them have appeared to help here.

Here's the stack trace I get with ?umbdebugshowtrace=true:

umbracoMacro InnerException The 'ext' start tag on line 11 position 2 does not match the end tag of 'XsltExtensions'. Line 12, position 3.
    The 'ext' start tag on line 11 position 2 does not match the end tag of 'XsltExtensions'. Line 12, position 3.
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
      at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

Can anyone spot what the issue could be here? It doesn't look like there's a specific .dll file missing, and my xsltExtensions.config file appears to all be in order.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8787 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 16, 2012 @ 22:26
    Chriztian Steinmeier

This looks suspicious - the error seems to suggest that the config/XsltExtensions.config file has been corrupted somehow - could you maybe post that one here?

Maybe the install process changed something in there but didn't do a good job of it...

/Chriztian 

• Ed Parry 64 posts 252 karma points c-trib
    Oct 17, 2012 @ 15:22
    Ed Parry

Thanks for your response,

Here's my xsltExtensions.config file, it looks okay to me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<XsltExtensions>

<!-- This file is used to register 3rd party XSLT extensions (methods you can execute from XSLT, like umbraco.library:NiceUrl) -->

<ext assembly="assemblyName" type="assemblyName.namespace.type" alias="custom" /> 

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltCommon" alias="Exslt.ExsltCommon" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" alias="Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltMath" alias="Exslt.ExsltMath" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" alias="Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltStrings" alias="Exslt.ExsltStrings" />

<ext assembly="umbraco" type="umbraco.presentation.xslt.Exslt.ExsltSets" alias="Exslt.ExsltSets" />

<ext assembly="MediaProtect.Library" type="MediaProtect.Library.Library" alias="MediaProtect.Library"/>

</XsltExtensions>

Ed
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft