Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JJ 15 posts 35 karma points
    Nov 16, 2012 @ 14:48
    JJ

Macro is surrounded by a default DIV

umbraco v 4.10.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4695.30696)

Hi All,

When I place a Macro (formateted by a simple XSLT) I find it is surrounded by a default div:

<div style="border: 1px solid #009;" title="Macro Tag: 'NavTest'">

</div>

When I set up a very simple test template and page with nothing on it apart form the macro,  the surrounding div doesn't appear. It doesn't appear to be dependant on the XSLT nor macro as I've tried the default "List Sub Pages By Level" and the same thing happens - the div appears on my templates, and not on the test page which doesn't use my templates.

The templates are nested, but otherwise, are not anything special. Trace doesn't show any errors. What could cause this?

TIA

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 17, 2012 @ 03:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tia and welcome to our :)

This sound very odd - are you sure that your XSLT file has actually been mapped to a macro,which should be inserted on a templte in Umbraco in order to be displayed correctly?

Sounds like there is an issue there - could you describe your process in a bit more detail and perhaps attach some screendumps so we can see what things looks like in your end?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 17, 2012 @ 15:16
    Stephen

That surrounding DIV looks like the debug / trace DIV. When Umbraco runs in trace mode (umbDebugShowTrace=true) then each macro is surrounded by such a DIV. There's a bug in 4.10 where some trace info leaks even though trace has been disabled... see http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1203.

Can you tell us whether you're running in trace mode or not? Can you show us the umbraco:macro tag that you use to embed the macro in your template?

Nov 17, 2012 @ 16:48
    JJ

Rather embarrassing - it was indeed in debug mode and I did try to delete my question as I realised my mistake.

Thanks guys - sorry to have botherd you with this.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 17, 2012 @ 16:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi JJ

It's cool, please don't delete your posts it can help others who are also in debug mode and wondering - and it's perfectly ok to make a mistake. As long as you figure out what went wrong and how you fixed it and don't mind sharing in here it's all ok :)

As Stephané pointed out it could possibly have been related to a bug in the issue tracker.

If there is anything else you come across or have doubts about please don't hesitate to ask - as you may have found out by now we're a friendly bunch of peole who're trying to help each other out.

Have a nice weekend and happy Umbracoing :)

/Jan

Nov 18, 2012 @ 11:13
    JJ

Thanks Jan. Actually it would be handy to knwo how to still be in debug mode, but also not see the borders as its changing the layout in areas where there's not an extra pixel space.

Thanks,

JJ

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2012 @ 12:55
    Stephen

At the moment there is no way to disable the blue border around macros when in debug mode.

Although... your point about it breaking the layout is very valid. What better, non-intrusive way of highlighting macros could we imagine?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft