Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Madden 252 posts 454 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Aug 21, 2009 @ 11:54
    Tom Madden

Continuing errors in 3.0.5 admin site - help please.

I'm still getting intermittent, but frequent errors in the admin section of an Umbraco 3.0.5 installation when logging in and when clicking on content nodes:

Most recently, when logging in, the login box was missing the labels for the title and the username and password. Refreshing several times resulted in the labels eventually appearing, but when trying to login, I got the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

usernoconsole

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: usernoconsole

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[IndexOutOfRangeException: usernoconsole]

System.Data.ProviderBase.FieldNameLookup.GetOrdinal(String fieldName) +4839010

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name) +67

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_Item(String name) +15

umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.setupUser(Int32 ID) +180

umbraco.BusinessLogic.User..ctor(String Login, String Password) +111

umbraco.cms.presentation.login.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +120

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Has anyone experienced similar issues in 3.0.5, or suggestions to solve this?

TIA

Tom Madden

Quix Ltd

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 21, 2009 @ 15:22
    Ismail Mayat

Tom,

Is the website in its own app pool in IIS?

Regards

Ismail

Aug 21, 2009 @ 21:10
    Tom Madden

Ismail,

I'll ask that question. It's on a server hosted by someone else so I don't have Remote Desktop connection to it. I've been told that nothing has changed on the server but it's being giving errors for several weeks but it's been on that server for a couple of years. It's the intermittent nature that makes it difficult to debug and I've been hoping that someone would have had this problem and recognised the errors. I'll let you know about the App Pool

Thanks

Tom

Aug 24, 2009 @ 11:07
    Tom Madden

Ismail,

I got to the bottom of this, finally.

I turns out there's a function call to an external service which appears on the home page. Removing this function call removed the problem. I don't have the source to the function so don't know what specifically within the function caused the problem. It only happened under load, so I had to run a load test tool on a test site while loading content nodes in the admin site, and remove elements from the home page until the problem stopped.

It also turned out that this problem only occurs on a server with asp.net framewrork 3.5 sp1 installed (my dev machine doesn't have since since it breaks older versions on AspDotNetStoreFront) so while testing, not only was there not enough load on the server to cause the problem, but the problem wouldn't have shown up anyway. I'll be upgrading the older dev server as soon as I can ditch the AspDotNetAstoreFront site.

Hopefully this might help anyone else with an intermittent problem with their site.

Tom Madden

Quix Ltd

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft