Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris D 17 posts 37 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 17:10
    Chris D

Error adding property 'ForceSSL' with value ''

So Ive installed a starter kit for uCommerce, because i figured this would be a much better way for me to learn umbraco by just creating and customizing a Shopping Cart. I am getting an error from the product page. Can't Figure out what is causing this problem? Any ideas??

macro.loadControlProperties Error adding property 'ForceSSL' with value '0'
    String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.
      at System.Boolean.Parse(String value)
      at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, TypeCode typeCode, IFormatProvider provider)
      at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, TypeCode typeCode)
      at umbraco.macro.loadUserControl(String fileName, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 17:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris D

I think you might should consider installing one of the kits that can be selected during installation or perhaps the CWS package by Warren Buckley or the Standard website kit byt Chris Koiak.

Learning Umbraco by installing uCommerce I don't think is the right path since it's a 3rd party shop that works in it's own way.

I'm not sure why the above error happens but I suppose SSL is forced and there is not SSL certificate installed on the machine your running this on.

But I think you should consider the approach I suggested above before starting to play around with uCommerce :)

/Jan

• Chris D 17 posts 37 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 17:23
    Chris D

Okay. I've played around with CWS and some of the other packages and I just felt I should start alittle bit more advanced.

I dont have an SSL Certificate so that could be the problem. I wonder why i would need that since this is a just a starter site?

Shouldnt I be able to at least add items into the cart before SSL even comes into the equation?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft