Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan Roug 97 posts 153 karma points
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 02:38
    Johan Roug

blog4umbraco

hi

I installed blog4umbraco, and it works fine, but I would like that the blogpost could be shown on the frontpage of my website. I have tried all kind of stuff. adding the blogListPost.xslt to my frontpage template etc.. but no data show. I can make categories show, but not the post.. What am I doing wrong??

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 05:43
    Paul Blair

I have done this on my own site. You will need to create a new xslt macro, something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
        version="1.0"
        xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
        xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
        xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets" xmlns:tagsLib="urn:tagsLib" xmlns:BlogLibrary="urn:BlogLibrary"
        exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets tagsLib BlogLibrary ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/ancestor::root//node [@nodeTypeAlias = 'BlogPost']">
        <xsl:sort select="@createDate" order="descending" />
        <xsl:if test="position()=1">
          <h3><xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/></h3>
          <h4>on <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:FormatDateTime(@createDate, 'dd MMM yyyy')"/></h4>
          <xsl:value-of select="./data [@alias = 'bodyText']" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
        </xsl:if>
      </xsl:for-each>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Aug 30, 2009 @ 18:17
    Johan Roug

thanks. I'll take that code for a spin, when I come home

Aug 31, 2009 @ 17:19
    Johan Roug

It works perfectly thanks

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Feb 17, 2011 @ 14:42
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Paul,

I tried to implement your xslt macro on my website, but it is not working. The only difference in my site structure is that the blog node is a child of a homepage node, like this:

As you can see on the screenshot I have a document type 'dv blog' that is a child of the document type 'dv homepage'.

So I guess I have to adjust the XPath axis in your code:

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/ancestor::root//node [@nodeTypeAlias = 'BlogPost']">

But I tried all kinds of combinations like

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/DVBlog//node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'DVBlogPost']">

but that doesn't work.

Help would be much appreciated,

Anthony Candaele
    Belgium

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft