Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Alcock 113 posts 176 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 14:00
    Peter Alcock

XSLT Search, second search string

Hi all,

Im using the XSLT search which is working great apart from one thing, if i do a search which posts the results on the search page fine but if i then try to search again on a different string it comes up with no results and has tried to search using both first and second search strings if that makes sense!?

So basicaly first search for 'indian' comes up with results fine, if i then try to search for chinese it comes up with no results found for indian, chinese.

I need it to clear the first search string when a second search is performed,

Cheers

Pete

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Feb 27, 2013 @ 15:06
    Douglas Robar

Hi, Peter,

XSLTsearch should work great even in these situations if you use either exclusively 'get' or 'post' actions on your forms. If you mix-n-match it can be trouble (or if you try to insert a form tag in a form tag). So...

Look at the html source of the page that goes wrong and see if you have nested <form> tags. Or if you've set that action= parameter on one page and either not set it or set it differently on another (for instance, if you have added search box in the top bar of your site). Or, look for some javascript that is trying to populate the search box and do something clever that is actually getting in the way. 

Those are the obvious ways things might go wrong. Let us know what you find out.

cheers,
    doug. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft