Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Apr 29, 2013 @ 01:10
    Brendan Rice

Could not load type error stopping XSLT extension from running

I am working on an Umbraco v 4.0.4.2 project and I am getting the following error shown below.

The code that causes this lives in an XSLT file and looks like:

<xsl:when test="Project:LoginByEmail($email,$password)/result='1'">

Everything around the XSLT extension looks to be set up fine, and I am not sure why the error would be happening.

Can anyone help please?

umbracoMacro InnerException Could not load type 'Project.Data.Context.ProjectDataContext' from assembly 'Project.Data, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    Could not load type 'Project.Data.Context.ProjectDataContext' from assembly 'Project.Data, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
      at Project.Library.XsltExtension.LoginByEmail(String email, String password)
    1.5619354 0.031229

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 29, 2013 @ 06:05
    Tom Fulton

Not sure off the top of my head, but some things to check:

- Does Project.Data.dll exist in /bin/?
    - Does the class Project.Data.Context.ProjectDataContext exist? (if you don't have the source you could always use ILSpy or similar to check)
    - Does the config entry in /config/xsltExtensions.config look correct? 

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Apr 29, 2013 @ 18:57
    Brendan Rice

Thanks for the reply Tom, wen through and triple checked everything and it all seems good. This works fine on the server (this is a local dev env.) so not sure where the issue is coming in. I am normally not bad at figuring this sort of thing out but this one has baffled me.

Any other ideas would be really helpful?

- Does Project.Data.dll exist in /bin/? Check
    - Does the class Project.Data.Context.ProjectDataContext exist? (if you don't have the source you could always use ILSpy or similar to check) Check
    - Does the config entry in /config/xsltExtensions.config look correct? Check

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 30, 2013 @ 05:43
    Tom Fulton

Hmm, sorry, running out of ideas then.  So it works fine on the server?  Did something change locally (ie .NET version in VS upgraded) - maybe try pulling down the Project binaries from the server?  

Have you tried debugging through VS also to see if you get any additional info?

Are any other XSLT Extensions affected?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft