Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan 11 posts 41 karma points
    Jun 03, 2013 @ 18:43
    Nathan

XSLT Caching Data

Hey all!

I am currently working on trying to cache weather data received from an API call (the format is in xml, hence xslt). I have found plenty of examples of passing arguments [i]into[/i] xslt, but none involving setting parameters or caching the results to be used later.

What I want is to receive the API call approximately every 15 minutes. From there it is received by my xslt macro, which caches the results. My current objective is to cache these into a document's parameters which would then be called to display it on the header of every page in the website. If there are any other, more efficient, options then please let me know.

While I understand that Umbraco can cache results, judging from this link: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/9745-How-does-macro-caching-work

....There is no fallback (if it fails, then it fails and I would assume the page would look hideous, if not fail loading).

Short version:

1.) Is there anyway to edit a document's parameters using an XSLT macro? (If so, how to?)

2.) Are there any other, more efficient, ways of caching data using XSLT  to be used later?

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 03, 2013 @ 20:31
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Nathan,

Have you looked at the Feed Cache package?

I think it does just about what you want...

/Chriztian

• Nathan 11 posts 41 karma points
    Jun 03, 2013 @ 20:38
    Nathan

That is perfect!

Thank you very much!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft