Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hugo Pinheiro 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 13:07
    Hugo Pinheiro

Sitemap using Cultiv

Hi there.

I'm fairly new to umbraco, so be easy on me :)

I've installed Cultiv's sitemap and the result is this: http://medicalport.org/sitemap

It's not picking up all the pages on the english version - homepage, for example - and the portuguese ones not at all.

I'd also like to have the priority and change frequency. I've read the topics and the forum and tried to change the xslt, with no luck.

Can anyone help, please?

I'm not a coder, so if you can explain it to me as if I'm 6 years old, that would help :)

Below is the actual xslt, in case you want to take a look.

Many thanks!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
      <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;">
    ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
      version="1.0"
      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
      xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets" xmlns:umbraco.contour="urn:umbraco.contour"
      exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets umbraco.contour ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:variable name="urlPrefix">
        <xsl:text>http://</xsl:text>;
        <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RequestServerVariables('HTTP_HOST')" />
      </xsl:variable>

<!-- update this variable on how deep your site map should be -->
      <xsl:variable name="maxLevelForSitemap" select="100"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
        <!-- change the mimetype for the current page to xml -->
        <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:ChangeContentType('text/xml')"/>

<xsl:call-template name="drawNodes">
          <xsl:with-param name="parent" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::*[@level=1]"/>
        </xsl:call-template>
      </xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="drawNodes">
        <xsl:param name="parent"/>
        <xsl:if test="umbraco.library:IsProtected($parent/@id, $parent/@path) = 0
                or (umbraco.library:IsProtected($parent/@id, $parent/@path) = 1 and umbraco.library:IsLoggedOn() = 1)
                and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap ">

<xsl:for-each select="$parent/* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1'] | $parent/node [string(./data [@alias='umbracoNaviHide']) != '1']">
            <!-- If the document does not have a template, nothing is shown in the frontend anyway.
            So this is not proper content and should not be in the sitemap -->
            <xsl:if test="@template &gt; 0">
              <url>
                <loc>
                  <xsl:value-of select="$urlPrefix" />
                  <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)" />
                </loc>
                <lastmod>
                  <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:FormatDateTime(@updateDate, 'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss+00:00')" />
                </lastmod>
                <xsl:if test="./data [@alias='searchEngineSitemapChangeFreq'] != '' or searchEngineSitemapChangeFreq != ''">
                  <changefreq>
                    <xsl:value-of select="./data [@alias='searchEngineSitemapChangeFreq'] | searchEngineSitemapChangeFreq" />
                  </changefreq>
                </xsl:if>
                <xsl:if test="./data [@alias='searchEngineSitemapPriority'] != '' or searchEngineSitemapPriority != ''">
                  <priority>
                    <xsl:value-of select="./data [@alias='searchEngineSitemapPriority'] | searchEngineSitemapPriority" />
                  </priority>
              </url>

<xsl:if test="(count(./* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]) &gt; 0) or (count(./node [string(./data [@alias='umbracoNaviHide']) != '1' and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]) &gt; 0)">
              <xsl:call-template name="drawNodes">
                <xsl:with-param name="parent" select="."/>
              </xsl:call-template>

</xsl:for-each>
      </xsl:template>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 14:30
    Richard Soeteman

HI,

I assume you have a property with alias umbracoNavihide on your page that is blocking the rendering of the sitemap. To set the prio and change frequency You need to add two properties to document type where you want to set the prio and change frequency for. Those properties are:

- searchEngineSitemapChangeFreq

- searchEngineSitemapPriority

The complete working of these properties is explained on. No need to change the xslt.

An alternative might be to check out the SEO Checker I wrote. Gives you an XML Sitemap with just a few mouseclicks and allows you to set prio and change frequency on both Documenttype and page level. And a few more options http://soetemansoftware.nl/seo-checker It's not free though.

Hope one of the solutions help you,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft