Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mehtab Malik 21 posts 70 karma points
    Aug 03, 2013 @ 19:04
    Mehtab Malik

upgrading legacy xslt schema in 4.11

I have upgraded Umbraco from 4.0.3. to 4.11 with <UseLegacyXmlSchema>true</UseLegacyXmlSchema> but now I want to upgarde the xslt schema so that I can use Razor macros (As razor macros dont work with legacy schema equal to true). Do I need to upgrade again from 4.0.3 to 4.11 or I can simply update the setting in the config file and publish the site again

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 03, 2013 @ 21:10
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mehtab,

You have to upgrade your umbraco installation, because the Razor was first introduced in version 4.6, but for real used from version 4.7 if I remember correctly.

Lee Kelleher has written a upgrade guide where he proposes an upgrade path http://code.leekelleher.com/umbraco/archive/

Other resourses can be http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/genera or http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/version-specific

I think you should upgrade to at least version 4.11.8, because in some versons before and up to version 4.11.8 there have been some security issues found, http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/5/1/security-update-two-major-vulnerabilities-found.aspx.

Hope this can be a help in some way :)

/Dennis

Aug 03, 2013 @ 21:24
    Dennis Aaen

Sorry Mehtab Malik,

I read your question wrong. If you version of Umbraco is 4.11 is should be enough to switch the XML schema to the new one by changing the
    <UseLegacyXmlSchema>true</UseLegacyXmlSchema>to false in the config file and publish the site again.

/Dennis

Aug 03, 2013 @ 21:31
    Dennis Aaen

I read your question wrong. If you version of Umbraco is 4.11 is should be enough to switch the XML schema to the new one by changing the
    <UseLegacyXmlSchema>true</UseLegacyXmlSchema>to false in the config file and publish the site again.

In other words follow these steps, and you should be good to go.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/xslt/45-xml-schema/switching-between-old-and-new-schema

/Dennis

Aug 04, 2013 @ 03:01
    Mehtab Malik

Many thanks for the comments. This is very frustating. I have been trying  to run it for over a week now. The upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.5.2 works when I set have legacy shcema  equal to true and then I can upgrade to 4.11 with out any issues by keeping the old xslt schema.

All i am trying to acheive here is to be able to use macro scripts which will only work by settings legracy schema set to false. When its set to false and the whole site is published again xslt won't work. And i m quite sure the xslt works 

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 04, 2013 @ 10:07
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Mehtab,

XSLT macros writen for the legacy schema will only work with the <UseLegacyXmlSchema>true</UseLegacyXmlSchema> setting - You will have to upgrade them to get them working again - we can help with that, no problem.

There's a couple of online tools around that can do ~90% of the conversion, but some things just need to be changed by hand. You could post one of your macros here, and we can show you what needs to change, or you can put them all in gists and we can have a look...

/Chriztian

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 04, 2013 @ 10:41
    Aug 04, 2013 @ 12:08
    Mehtab Malik

Let me explain again in  bit detail

My upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.5.2 followed by upgrade to 4.11 works with  true

I want to use razor scripts now, for that I updated to use UseLegacyXmlSchema>false. Published the site again (i.e stopped the website, recycled app pool, deleted umbraco.config in App_Data. Started site again published home and all its sub pages) updated the xslts using the online conversion tool. But xslt won't render any thing. Tried setting the debug points in visual studio but debug points never get a hit. Please see my code https://gist.github.com/mmalik15/1ea3d35b0741d1f5f882 

I m calling my xslt macro as below in my template

I will appreciate any help
    Aug 04, 2013 @ 15:04
    Sebastiaan Janssen

First thing I notice is:

$imageFolderContents/Image [@isDoc]

You don't seem to have a document type "Image" but "GalleryImage" so at least that one needs to change into:

$imageFolderContents/GalleryImage [@isDoc]

There may be more but make sure to have a little look over your logic in the XSLT and see where things fail (which bit of HTML that should be rendered is not there) that should give you clues as to what's going on. :)

Aug 04, 2013 @ 15:10
    Mehtab Malik

Thanks for the comment.

But why I m getting GalleryImage rather than Image property in Umbraco.config? When I search for help or go over available documenation it will be Image every where. Secondly can I expect other properties to be different as well? thanks

Aug 04, 2013 @ 15:15
    Sebastiaan Janssen

GalleryImage is not a property but a document type, so the name you gave the document type is not image but galleryimage.

Yeah, anything can be different from the examples. Again, it's the names of the document types and the properties that you have used that end up in the umbraco.config.

Aug 04, 2013 @ 15:32
    Mehtab Malik

What change I may need to make on the following line. thanks

umbraco.library:GetMedia($imageFolder/node/@id, 'true')

Aug 04, 2013 @ 15:47
    Mehtab Malik

I m trying to do the debugging as well to find what I m getting in the $imageFolder (<xsl:variable name="imageFolder" select="/macro/imageFolder"/>) so that I can navigate through all the images but breakpoints don't get hit in vs 2010. When I try to build the project I get the following error. Any ideas please

Error65Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.install.steps.boost'.C:\Development\Marhall\webroot 411\install\steps\boost.ascx1

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft