Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Kristiansen 166 posts 382 karma points
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 16:32
    Niels Kristiansen

xslt search misspelling and split words

Hi,

Is it possible in XSLT to search and find content, even though the content is misspelled or the words splitted up - even though it shouldn’t?

Example:

I need to find a webshop called bearshop.com, but I search it like this “bear shop”. This will end in a “no results”.

Another example:

I search “progresive” but the right word was “progressive”, and this will end in a “no result” as well.

Hope someone can help og lead me in the right direction :)

Kind regards,

Niels

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 17:50
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Niels,

It's a hard one to tackle generically — but one thing you could do, was to create a searchAliases field on all nodes, and include that in the searched fields; add the common "wrong" versions of important keywords for that particular node to this field, to make XSLTsearch find it.

That might be enough to catch 80% of the missed queries?

/Chriztian

Oct 17, 2013 @ 13:41
    Niels Kristiansen

Hi Chriztian,

Thanks for the answer, that is a very good idea on the part of the misspelling. I will try that out.

What about the part where you search on both the text with or without "spaces". Thought myself of a search with the querystring and if no result comes up, I will try to remove the spaces and make a search again. I'm just not sure if it will make the XSLT solution slow :)

/Niels

Oct 17, 2013 @ 22:05
    Niels Kristiansen

Hi again,

I found myself another way around the issue. I'm going to convert the XML -> JSON and thereafter use a fuzzy search in JavaScript, like either http://listjs.com/plugins/fuzzy-search or http://kiro.me/projects/fuse.html.

Don't know which of them is the right one from start, but will definitely test both.

Thanks for the help.

/Niels

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft