Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George 58 posts 165 karma points
    Jan 09, 2014 @ 14:15
    George

How to include xslt extension in umbraco 7 ?

Hello everyone

I recently updated my umbraco site from version 4.9 to version 7.0.1
    I had some code for the site that provided various database interaction methods, written in C# and it is compiled and copied into my /bin folder as My-Project.dll

Since version 7.01 of umbraco uses .NET 4.5, I had to upgrade my visual studio 2010 to 2013 to be able to compile my .NET 4.5 code that references umbraco.dll .

I had some calls to my code in xslt defined as 

<xsl:variable name="pagingData" select="My_Project:GetProductCountXML($n1, $n2, $n3, $n4)/descendant-or-self::pageing" />

This throws an exception : Cannot find a script or an extension object associated with namespace 'urn:My_Project'

I have the following definition in my xslt file:
    xmlns:My_Project="urn:My-ProdList"

And I have also declared it in my /config/xsltExtensions.config as
    <ext assembly="My-Project" type="My_Project.ProductList" alias="My-ProdList" />

Where My_Project.ProductList is a class that's a part of My-Project.dll that has a method called GetProductCountXML() that takes 4 parameters.

The setup I described above used to work before I updated umbraco to version 7.0.1 and .NET target version of my project from 4.0 to 4.5 (so it could work with umbraco.dll of version 7)

EDIT : Recreated my topic in xslt section , admins please delete old one : 
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/47355-Problem-running-C-assembly-after-umbraco-7-and-NET-update
    EDIT: I see that /config/xsltExtensions.config has been removed, but I haven't found a way to include the extentions in umbraco 7
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/xslt/46533-no-more-xsltExtensionsconfig-in-Umb-7

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 09, 2014 @ 14:27
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi René - I've deleted the old topic as requested (was just about to move it here :-)

I think you just need to add an [XsltExtension] attribute to your C# class/module/... but I should in no way be allowed to answer that, since I'd only open Visual Studio when threatened with fire or Hello Kitties :-)

I'm sure someone will chip in with the answer you're looking for; I'll poke the Twittersphere...

/Chriztian

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 09, 2014 @ 14:29
  • George 58 posts 165 karma points
    Jan 09, 2014 @ 14:59
    George

Chriztian is right, just have to include the name of the extention I am calling in the attribute like [XsltExtension("My-ProdList")] just before my class declaration.

Lee linked a good example that solves the problem here : 
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/xslt/46533-no-more-xsltExtensionsconfig-in-Umb-7?p=0#comment169442

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft