Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sg 33 posts 83 karma points
    Jun 05, 2014 @ 20:33
    sg

PLEASE HELP!! How to get xsl-values from UNPUBLISHED nodes?

Hi,

I have a "Contact US" as a Child of "About Us". I don't want to show the "About US" in top navigation. So I am unpublishing the "About US". I have a ContactUS.xslt which reads some properties from the Contact Us page.

I am trying to do something like this:

<xsl:for-each select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById(1102)">

<xsl:value-of select="mailingAddress" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

</xsl:for-each>

1102 is the Id for "Contact US" node. But since the parent is UNPUBLISHED. it returns an error.

Thanks

Sg

That no item with this id is published.

How can i get properties from unpublished nodes?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 05, 2014 @ 20:45
    Dennis Aaen

Hi sg,

So you are using XSLT, the way that you can hide a menu item in your menu, is by add a property on your document type with the alias of umbracoNaviHide the datatype must be true / false, if you use one of the build in XSLT snippets, e.g List subpages from Currentpage. it looks like this:

<ul>
    <xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1']">
        <li>
            <a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}">
                <xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/>
            </a>
        </li>
    </ul>

It´s the string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' that decides if the menu item is visible or hidden. Documentation about umbracoNaviHide can you find here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-best-practices/umbraconavihide

Maybe you could share your code, for the top navigation, if you have some code already.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jun 05, 2014 @ 20:56
    sg

enter image description here

Jun 05, 2014 @ 20:58
    sg

About Us is folder that has no umbraconavihide property

Jun 05, 2014 @ 21:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi sg,

Okay could you try something like this:

<xsl:variable name="locationsRoot" select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById(1102)" />
    <xsl:for-each select="$locationsRoot/*[@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide)!= '1']">
    <xsl:value-of select="mailingAddress" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jun 05, 2014 @ 21:17
    Dennis Aaen

And you must have an XSLT file that renders the menu items, on the level commission grants & reporting local plans in there in the for-each loop you need to add the string(umbracoNaviHide)!= '1' as the example above.

You need to add the umbracoNaviHide for the document type that makes the pages, for commission grants & reporting local plans and so on, and on document type that make the pages recourses and about us. I would say the umbracoNaviHide is alwas nice to have on every document type, so you can hide items, in navgations, therefor I always added it to a master document type.

Here is a video about working with master documentype http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals/document-types/master-document-type/ and here are the basic about document types. http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals/document-types/ These videos shows it in version 7 but it´s the same if you are usig an older version.

Hope this helps, and make sense, else keep asking and I will try to help you.

/Dennis

Jun 06, 2014 @ 15:30
    sg

Thanks Dennis,

This helped. I was able to get it working using your suggestion!!

Thanks Shilpi

Jun 08, 2014 @ 15:43
    Dennis Aaen

Hi sg,

Sorry for the late answer, but glad you got it work,

Could you please mark this a solved. You have a green tick for each post, just click on it for the post with the correct answer.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft