Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesper Georgsson 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 15:17
    Jesper Georgsson

Xslt search

Hi guys!

On a project i am working at (recipe website), I have stumbled upon a problem with XSLT Search.

Today the search works in the most important way - it finds what it should find. I have choosen the fields I would like to search in etc.

But now i would like to extend the search. Every recipe in my website I have given some tags, for example "Meat, chicken, fish" etc. Now I would like to add checkboxes in my search options so that I could filter the search and get more specific results. Here is where I would be happy if I could get some help. 

I have added checkboxes manually in my form, giving them name etc, see example below.

<input type="checkbox" name="tags" value="Meat">Meat

If I check one of the boxes and press Search my urlstring says &tags=meat which seems right. But how do i make the connection in the xslt-file? Anyone done anything like this before?

I would really appreciate any help you guys could get me!

Best regards,
    Jesper 

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jul 05, 2014 @ 18:38
    Douglas Robar

Hi, Jesper,

There's not a direct solution, but perhaps this will help

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/xsltsearch/xsltsearch-bugs/22104-Find-pages-by-tags

Also, if you're more familiar with Razor/C# than XSLT you might find ezSearch easier to modify for your needs.

cheers,
    doug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft