Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Dany Wu 81 posts 114 karma points
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 00:15
    Dany Wu
    0

    Using umbracoNaviHide

    Hi folks, I started with the vanilla SubPagesByLevel XSLT script, and modify the look, not the xslt code. However, this particular case, I forgot to add the umbracoNaviHide property to the DocumentType. I added it later, and set a few pages to "True" for this property to no effect. The pages are still visible in the menu. I have republished the entire site and that did not solve the issue either.

    Have I missed a step somewhere? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Dany.

  • Chris Houston 533 posts 972 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 00:21
    Chris Houston
    0

    Hi Dany,

    I would check that the variable name you have added to your document type is exactly  "umbracoNaviHide" as it is case sensitive, I have fallen into that trap a few times!

    You can also try re-publishing the top level node and say to include all children, this is different to re-publishing the entire site on the content node context menu. ( I think! )

    Also, try un-publishing the pages you are having a problem with, and then re-publishing them.

    Cheers,

    Chris

     

  • Dany Wu 81 posts 114 karma points
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 01:43
    Dany Wu
    0

    Thanks Chris. Yes, I did use the correct casing for the alias - I think this forum removes upper casing from the subject line. I have tried all of those you suggested, all to no avail. It's really baffling me at the moment. Any other suggestions?

    D.

  • Chriztian Steinmeier 2718 posts 8201 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 02:00
    Chriztian Steinmeier
    0

    Hi Dany,

    You created the property as a checkbox, right? And when you say "True" you just mean that you've checked the box on some pages... (?) Otherwise you've got the reason right there.

    /Chriztian

  • Gary 20 posts 44 karma points
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 04:25
    Gary
    0

    Hi Dany,

    Does your nodes in the data/umbraco.config file have

    <data alias="umbracoNaviHide">1</data>

    ?

    I would check that first as you should be able to quickly tell if the problem is saving the property or parsing it in XSLT.

  • Dany Wu 81 posts 114 karma points
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 21:05
    Dany Wu
    0

    Right...admittedly I had to do things in a bit of a rush so I skipped debugging and went straight to recreating the DocumentType and associated page straightaway. Sure enough, that did the trick! I have checked and checked the property alias and type and it definitely had the correct name, casing, and property type even before I re-created the DocumentType.

    Still bugs me how it feels so flaky at times...there's another problem I've been having but I'll post that in a new thread.

  • Murray Roke 465 posts 872 karma points c-trib
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 21:47
    Murray Roke
    1

    I sometimes get the problem where I put "umbracoNaviHide " instead of "umbracoNaviHide" (a trailing or leading space will break the functionality)

  • Dany Wu 81 posts 114 karma points
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 22:36
    Dany Wu
    0

    That's a great point Murray - I didn't think about whitespaces! Will be more careful next time, especially since I copied'n'pasted the alias...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft