Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Valcourt 70 posts 103 karma points
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 21:06
    Robert Valcourt

Getting Umbraco member properties with only login value

I have a small Umbraco site with a few umbraco members added. The login property for each member is their email address. I've set up a small form for users to enter their email address. On submit, I would like XSLT to get that members details and print to screen. The umbraco library extension 'GetMember()' works if you have the ID of the member. In this case I need to be able to use the member's login value to do the lookup.

Example script:

<xsl:variable name="memberLogin" select="umbraco.library:RequestForm('memberLogin')"/>

<!-- Theoretical variable to do member lookup
    <xsl:variable name="member" select="umbraco.library.GetMemberByLogin($memberLogin)"/>
    -->

<p>
    <xsl:value-of select=”$member/login” /> <!—Renders member login value –>
    <xsl:value-of select=”$member/email” /> <!—Renders member email address –>
    <xsl:value-of select=”$member/@id” /> <!—Renders member ID –>
    <xsl:value-of select=”$member/customFieldName1” /> <!—Renders member custom fields name #1 –>
    <xsl:value-of select=”$member/customFieldName2” /> <!—Renders member custom fields name #2 –>
    <xsl:value-of select=”$member/customFieldName3” /> <!—Renders member custom fields name #3 –>
    </p>

So basically I need help with the second variable. What syntax is used to get member details if you know the login value. Please and thank you.

Robert

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 21:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Robert

If I remember correctly Umbraco does not return those values in the extension - I think you need to create your own extension in order to be able to receive them. I know this post is from 2009 but if you're using Umbraco 4..5+ I think the stuff mentioned and linked in it is still true http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/3919-Creating-members-with-custom-properties

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Robert Valcourt 70 posts 103 karma points
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 22:23
    Robert Valcourt

Jan,

The main issue I face is doing a member lookup based on the login value rather than the ID value. GetMember(1234)/propertyValue works fine but i need a way to do GetmMember([email protected])/propertyvalue... IE ... lookup the member via the login value, not their Umbraco ID.

Robert

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft