Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• k 256 posts 654 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:44
    k

XSLT search on umbraco 7

Hello ,

I am using xslt search 3.0.5 on umbraco 7. But it does not seem to be working. I am getting no result each time when doing a search.

Is there any fix for xslt search on umbraco 7.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

kusum

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 12:49
    Dennis Aaen

Hi k,

I am unsure if the XSLT search will work on umbraco 7 running MVC mode. I am currently working on a project using Umbraco 7.2.1 where we also need a search functionality, and we are using the ezSearch https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/ezsearch from Matt Brailsford.

ezSearch is the easy search solution for your Umbraco MVC websites. It's fast, self contained and completely configurable. So perhaps you could try to see if you can use ezSeach instead.

Hope this helps and could be a solution for you,

/Dennis

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 13:04
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Kusum,

Dont think umbraco 7  support XSLT search anymore. You can eiterh use the ezSearch or you can create a custom search using lucene.

//fuji

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 13:36
    Douglas Robar

XSLTsearch does work with 7.x (just tested it with 7.2.2) but it takes a bit of twiddling to get it running correctly (remake the XSLTsearch template as an MVC template; be sure to include a

tag around the macro, pass in parameters or remove the , new {previewChars="null", previewFields="null", previewType="null", resultsPerPage="null", searchBoxLocation="null", searchFields="null", showOrdinals="0", showPageRange="0", showScores="0", showStats="0", source=""} portion of the RenderMacro tag). After that, it should work just fine.

But as Dennis points out... ezSearch is the future whereas XSLTsearch is the past. I'd go with ezSearch every time in an MVC-based site. (and, I worked with Matt on it so it is at least as good as XSLTsearch and is actually quite a bit better).

cheers,
    doug.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 13:45
    Fuji Kusaka

Hey Doug,

Looks like you still have you hand on the future !! :) 

Thanks for pointing out. 

//Fuji

• Nigel 23 posts 78 karma points
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 16:14
    Nigel

You might set the source as "-1" as it wasn't picking up the id being passed in my case

• Mindy 4 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 22, 2016 @ 00:35
    Mindy

Does ezSearch find meta content from extended file such as pdf, xlsx, or docx?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Nov 22, 2016 @ 08:34
    Douglas Robar

@Nigel - nope, just the filename for media items.

You could certainly add the capability with a pdf/office parser and add that info to the examine indexes, but it isn't something that comes out of the box.

cheers,
    doug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft