• Services
      • Sub Menu 1
      • Sub Menu 2
    • Products
      • Product 1
      • Product 2
      • Product 3
      • etc

I have a standard top navigation XSLT file which displays the menu quite happily, however, I want to hide the "Products" menu from the main nav and instead display just these in a separate nav down the left of my page but on every page in the site.

So fundamentally, I have a MainMenu.xslt which controls the main nav by level and I have used 'umbracoNaviHide' to hid the "Products" menu from this nav - this works fine. This file is placed into the main nav section of my template.

I have then created a new XLST file called ProductMenu.xslt and placed this into the Product nav part of my template down the left side. However, I'm unsure what I need to add to my XSLT file in order to instruct it to locate the "Products" menu and display any child menus found (Products 1, 2, 3, etc) - and, as mentioned, this Products nav should be shown on every page in the site no matter where you are within the site structure.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mike

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Jan 11, 2010 @ 20:58
    Paul Blair

Mike,

Create a new XSLT based on the template "List Sub pages from a changeable source". This will allow you add a macro to your templates which accepts a paramater for choosing the locaiton of your sub menu.

Cheers

Paul

• Mike 62 posts 274 karma points
    Jan 12, 2010 @ 01:04
    Mike

Thank you Paul, this is exactly what I was after. Very much appreciated!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft