Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I'm using Blog4 umbraco and using the tags data type to tag my news posts
when i'm using tagsLib:getAllTagsInGroup('default')/tags , it is working fine unless it has ampersand value
Could any one give suggestions on this
Any chance you can show some us some code that illustrates the issue? Blog4Umbraco is a very old package so I don't think that many people are using it anymore and probably a very few can remember this issue if they ever faced it.
I suppose you're running an Umbraco 4.9 site?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for the reply.
Its a 4.7 version site recently upgraded to 6.2
we took all the actions required to support blog 4 umbraco
If we add "v & d" its working with out any issues but issues are coming with "v & d"
This sounds like a bug in the tags library - it probably doesn't correctly make sure that XML-specific entities are escaped before creating the tag. If you can find the source (don't actually know if it's available - have a look on github.com, maybe?), maybe you can easily spot what's missing?
So I just realized that I may have misunderstood you - when you use the extension from XSLT, you will need to use & in the string to request a group that contains an & in the name, e.g.:
<xsl:variable name="tags" select="tagsLib:getAllTagsInGroup('v & d')/tags" />
This is just how you put an '&' inside any XML file.
But if you're doing this all correct (i.e., you're not getting XML parsing errors) but the issue is that the tags XML returned has errors (e.g., if it returns tags with unescaped ampersands, then it's a bug that should be filed.
In fact: I could easily see this line generating non-wellformed XML if the Caption or Group properties of the tag returned does not take & or < characters in account.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted