Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    Aug 10, 2015 @ 10:22
    Bex

HasAccess Always False, Custom membership provider

Hi

I am running umbraco 4.0.3 (yeah I know it's old, but I am not able to update!) and have had to add some protection to some pages in XSLT using members from a custom member and role provider.

I am trying to hide certain items in my nav bar by using this:

<xsl:if test="not(umbraco.library:IsProtected(@id, @path)) or umbraco.library:HasAccess(@id, @path)">

but for some reason they are permanently hidden even though they should have the right permissions.

This is possibly because of a problem with my custom role or membership provider but I don't know where to check to see what could be the problem. I can log in and it seems to call the right things but the source for this umbraco version is no longer available so I can't use it to debug that part properly. Can anyone give me any pointers in what I should check to make sure the correct values are being returned and that I have overridden the correct methods?

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 10, 2015 @ 10:32
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Bex,

Have a look at Lee's unofficial archive for the source code.

Hope that helps,

/Chriztian

Aug 10, 2015 @ 10:46
    Bex

Awww.. I thought I was sorted then, but these aren't the source (unless I'm missing something) .. they are just the umbraco :(

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 10, 2015 @ 10:54
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Ah, you're right - they're not :(

Did you check the Issue Tracker for any issues related to this?

/Chriztian

Aug 19, 2015 @ 12:57
    Bex

I eventually found a copy of the source. Luckily stored on one of our old servers. I turned out the problem was I was passing the user email when I should have been passing the username to one of the functions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft