Recover deleted XSLT files

Hi Friends,

How can I get back deleted xslt files?

Thanks,

Aradhya

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 09:11
    Thomas Höhler

xslt-Files aren't stored in the db so if you don't have a file backup you are lost, sorry...

Thomas

• Christian Foged 37 posts 58 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 09:21
    Christian Foged

No rollback on XSLT files. Sorry. Backup manually all the time - I do, because I also learned it the hard way :D

• Chris Gaskell 59 posts 142 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 09:51
    Chris Gaskell

I learned the hard way 'n' all.

Subversion is a great tool for helping you manage the XSLT's.

If you didnt want to host externally you could install your own SVN server - www.visualsvn.com

Chris.

• stc 72 posts 101 karma points
    Feb 28, 2010 @ 17:29
    stc

Well actually there miight be a way...involving unerase tools...xslt files are stored in the subdirectory inside your umbraco install, so if you have access to the server machine and you haven't in fact overwritten the xslt file (meaning that you're trying to rollback to a previous version not deleted it) then I'd look about for an unerase tool...plenty of those around - if you need links I'd be happy to post.

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Mar 01, 2010 @ 12:17
    Thomas Höhler

Teh best way to prevent these scenarios is (IMHO) to use Source Control. Check in every change or better change in Source Control and upload it to Umbraco.

In our company we are using VS with MS TFS. All changes should be made in our VS (atomatic checkouts of the latest source) and are uploading these to umbraco.

hth,
    Thomas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft