Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bent Holz 100 posts 273 karma points
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 22:53
    Bent Holz

List sub categories with more than one main category

I'm trying to create a product catalog that has main categories, sub categories and products...

Sub categories can be under more than one main category and a product can be under more than one sub category.

I have set up a doc type for my sub categories where I have added a data type (Ultimate Picker - CheckBoxList). This let's me choose what main categories a sub category belongs to when I create it.

Now I would like XSLT to list the sub categories...

<xsl:for-each select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById($source)/* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1'][string(hovedkategori) = '1137']">
        <li>
            <a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}">
                <xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/>
            </a>
        </li>
    </xsl:for-each>

This will show all the sub categories that has the main category (ID 1137) selected... but only that ID. So a sub category that has more than that one main category selected will not show.

How do I get it to show sub categories that among others have the specific main category ID?

/cheers

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 23:01
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Bent,

Try using the Split() extension to get a <value> node for every category in the list - then it's easier to do the comparison:

<xsl:variable name="sourceNode" select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById($source)" />

<xsl:for-each select="$sourceNode/*[@isDoc and not(umbracoNaviHide = 1)][umbraco.library:Split(hovedkategori, ',')/value = 1137]">
        <li>
            <a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}">
                <xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/>
            </a>
        </li>
    </xsl:for-each> 

Hope that helps,

/Chriztian

• Bent Holz 100 posts 273 karma points
    Feb 25, 2016 @ 15:35
    Bent Holz

That did the trick!