Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Árni Gunnar Ragnarsson 31 posts 51 karma points
    Mar 15, 2010 @ 10:25
    Árni Gunnar Ragnarsson

Use Umbraco's XSLT transformer from custom user control macro

Hi all.

I have created a user control where I will be pulling some data from a webservice (4 different calls), working with the data, and outputting a serialized class through XSLT to output HTML onto the page.

I am trying out Umbraco, and in our previous projects we have written our own simple XSLT transformer for this issue.

But I would like to be able to run through the Umbraco XSLT functions, and use the currentNode parameter and so forth.

How would I go about doing that ?

Mar 18, 2010 @ 17:27
    Árni Gunnar Ragnarsson

Because of the lack of answers, maby there is a different spin on this. Can I somehow use the umbraco librariy (like NiceUrl) when I do my own XSLT transformation?

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 17:35
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Hi Arni,

you could create an xslt-extension for this. This way, you make a call to the extension (which does the calls to the webservices and returns xml) and then use plain xslt like you normally would in umbraco.

Does this help?

Peter

Mar 19, 2010 @ 02:11
    Árni Gunnar Ragnarsson

This set me to find out some more, and I found this forum posting: http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst4901_Using-the-umbraco-library-in-an-xslt-file-loaded-into-a-component.aspx.

I changed my code a bit, added the umbraco.library to the argument list being sent into my transformer, ,and things worked :)

.ág

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft