Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christophe 23 posts 43 karma points
    Mar 21, 2010 @ 19:28
    Christophe

YouTube videos in photo gallery?

Hi,

I hope I am in the right forum section.  Iapologize if I am not and would be grateful if you could direct me to the right one.

I am using a customized version of CWS and I have a Picture Gallery that works very well.  I would like to add either a video section in the photo gallery (just like a Gallery but only with videos) or instead of having a picture in the gallery, have a video (along side of the photo thumbs or stand alone videos like the full size picture after you click on the thuimb).

I hope this makes sense.  It is for a music school and I'd like to have videos and pictures in the same gallery if possible for the recitals/events.

Thank You, Merci,

Christophe

• Josh Reid 182 posts 258 karma points
    Mar 26, 2010 @ 10:59
    Josh Reid

Hi Christophe

I dont know how exactly you wish to achieve your output, but I would install VideoEmbed by Designit and then:

For 1 video per gallery:
    a) Create a property on the gallery page using the VideoEmbed datatype, (you could also include an upload or media picker for a thumbnail image of the video).
    b) Output to gallery page via xslt using the macro provided or including the xslt extension into your current gallery output and including there.

For multiple videos per gallery:
    a) Create a doctype to include below your gallery node that will have the VideoEmbed datatype property and upload or media picker for a thumbnail image.
    b) Output to gallery page by looping through the 'video' nodes below your gallery in xslt.

I hope that helps get you going ;)

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Mar 26, 2010 @ 11:11
    dandrayne

You could take the easy route out and use this -> http://www.geckonewmedia.com/blog/2009/8/14/jquery-youtube-playlist-plugin---youtubeplaylist/

</shamelessplug>

Dan

• Christophe 23 posts 43 karma points
    Apr 01, 2010 @ 19:33
    Christophe

Dan and Josh, thank you so much for your help and I apologize for the late response.  I was out of the country and didn't have access to email.  I will look into your suggestions soon.

Again, I am thankful for your help.

Sincerely,

Christophe

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft