Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ruben 8 posts 28 karma points
    Apr 12, 2010 @ 12:05
    ruben

sitemap nested if problem

I'm stil a newbie at Umbraco and XSLT so please forgive me if this is a dumb question. I'm using the following code in my xslt to create a sitemap:

<xsl:variable name="maxLevelForSitemap" select="4"/>
    <xsl:variable name="startLevel" select="2"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
        <div id="sitemap"> 
            <xsl:call-template name="drawNodes">  
                <xsl:with-param name="parent" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node [@level=1]"/>  
            </xsl:call-template>
        </div>
    </xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="drawNodes">
        <xsl:param name="parent"/> 
            <xsl:if test="umbraco.library:IsProtected($parent/@id, $parent/@path) = 0 or (umbraco.library:IsProtected($parent/@id, $parent/@path) = 1 and umbraco.library:IsLoggedOn() = 1)">
                <ul>
                <xsl:for-each select="$parent/node [string(./data [@alias='umbracoNaviHide']) != '1' and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]">                              
                <li>
                        <xsl:if test="current()/@level > $startLevel ">                                                
                                <a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}">
                                    <xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/>
                                </a>                                                  
                        </xsl:if>
                        <xsl:if test="count(./node [string(./data [@alias='umbracoNaviHide']) != '1'
                                    and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]) &gt; 0   ">   
                                <xsl:with-param name="parent" select="."/>    
                </li>
                    </xsl:for-each>
                </ul>
    </xsl:template>

The problem I have now is that the li is also shown for the root item which i obviously don't want.

I tried to correct this by putting the <li> tag inside the if that tests the current level. but then I get the error that the <li> doesn't have a closing tag (quite normal of course). so I decided to put the <li>, </li> and the following if that tests for children inside the if that tests the level.

like this:

<xsl:if test="current()/@level > $startLevel ">       
        <li>                                      
            </a>                                                  

and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]) &gt; 0   ">   
        </li>

but this doesn't work, which is quite a mystery to me.

So I need a way to add logic around the <li> tag to decide wether or not to show it. which brings me back to the error I get when the closing </li> tag is not in the same if. I tried to show <li> like this &lt;li&gt; and this <![CDATA<li>]]>, which also did not result in the wanted result.

I hope I explained the problem correctly. any help would be greatly apreciated.

• Tommy Poulsen 514 posts 708 karma points
    Apr 12, 2010 @ 12:40
    Tommy Poulsen

Hi Ruben

How about moving your

current()/@level > $startLevel

test to e.g. the for-each selection instead - then you only iterate the nodes below your start level.

>Tommy

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Apr 12, 2010 @ 12:43
    Seth Niemuth

I am not exactly sure what you want inside your topLevel and what you don't but you could use a choose statement:

<xsl:for-each select="$parent/node [string(./data [@alias='umbracoNaviHide']) != '1' and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]">                                                            

<xsl:choose>

<xsl:when test="current()/@level > $startLevel >

<li>

</a>  

and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]) &gt; 0   ">   

</li>

</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>

and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]) &gt; 0   ">   

</xsl:otherwise>

</xsl:choose>

</xsl:for-each>

Apr 12, 2010 @ 13:13
    ruben

@tommy: that was idea too at first, but then it didn't display anything.

@seth: that did the trick. I tried something similar with an if statement but now I see I made a logical mistake. Guess I'm not yet used to using the choose statement instead of the if statement :)

thanks for the help and super fast response guys!

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Apr 12, 2010 @ 14:56
    Seth Niemuth

ruben,

the choose statement works like the classic if... else statement.

you first declare the choose (<xsl:choose>)

then if some condition is true we do that thing

<xsl:when test="isConditionTrue">

<!-- Some things to do -->

</xsl:when>

You can put in as many (<xsl:when test="isConditionTrue" >) as you want.

Then, there is a catch all (<xsl:otherwise> <!-- Do this if nothing else is true --> </xsl:otherwise>), which will run if none of the other when conditional statments are true.

Then, close your choose (</xsl:choose>).

It is a very useful built in tool, which allows you to add a bit more logic to your XSLT.

Apr 21, 2010 @ 15:54
    ruben

Thanks for the explanation Seth. Guess I should really dive into some xslt and umbraco tutorials :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft