Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stc 72 posts 101 karma points
    May 10, 2010 @ 15:46
    stc

jQuery Media plugin

Is a plugin that should allow for media file handling (meaning flv opens in swfplayer, wmv in custom media player, pdf in iframe)...it can be found here...what would be the simplest way to implement it as a .net usercontrol macro?

I'd like to do it, and am currently looking at the source code of UmbracoVideoModule control...but the paradigm seems to differ...as I gather from my really modest jquery understanding the plugin itself is dependent on the filetype...umbracoType value of media files in umbraco itself, right?

So, would one write an XSLT that would output what the plugin does or how would you do it? Best practice in general question. How do you use/embed jquery plugins please? TIA

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 11, 2010 @ 16:55
    Chris Dunn

stc,

Since  it's jquery based you can probably accomplish what your try to do with an xslt macro versus a .net usercontrol (unless that's your preference).  I would create an xslt macro and create and pass the "file name" and display parameters (height/width) to the macro.  

Check out dan's package for inserting flash using the swf object.  Basically the same principals. 

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/insert-flash-file

The "fileType" issue can be handled with xsl:if test conditions in the xslt.

-Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft