Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Elijah Glover 2 posts 32 karma points
    May 14, 2010 @ 07:59
    Elijah Glover

Large XSLT Macro, 300+ MB Application Pool Memory Allocation, x64 Win 2003/2008

I have finished developing a site, and testing before final client meeting.

The site has roughly 30 macros/300 nodes and runs from Umbraco 3.0.1.
    I have a problematic macro which likes to consume 300-500MB of application pool memory, the xslt file is about 1200 lines long (52kb) and contains mostly XHTML and <XSL:IF> elements.

First transform it uses between 500-600MB memory, then after it drops to 300MB. Microsoft Connect Bug looks like it's the problem, although has no solutions since it's in the JIT compiler.

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/508748/memory-consumption-alot-higher-on-x64-for-xslcompiledtransform-transform-then-on-x86

Is anyone having similar issues, and how did you resolve them?

I can break this macro down, into 14 smaller macros. Is it possible to add xsl:if/c# logic to masterpages?

Cheers.
    Elijah

• Elijah Glover 2 posts 32 karma points
    May 14, 2010 @ 09:33
    Elijah Glover

Issue Fixed,

Have Sliced The Template, In to 14 other macros, and used RenderMacroContent in the default xslt

<xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="umbraco.library:RenderMacroContent('&lt;?UMBRACO_MACRO macroAlias=&quot;Global_Content_Template_5&quot;&gt;&lt;/?UMBRACO_MACRO&gt;', $currentPage/@id)"/>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft