Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff Kwong 31 posts 51 karma points
    May 21, 2010 @ 21:17
    Jeff Kwong

DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday Error

I'm trying to use DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday to display a list of nodes.  The XSLT saves fine, but when I view the page I get an error: Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\ListFutureEvents.xslt

Here's where I'm using it:

<xsl:variable name="eventNodes" select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById($source)/node [(string(data [@alias='umbracoNaviHide']) != '1') and (umbraco.library:DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday(umbraco.library:FormatDateTime(./data[@alias = 'dateStart'], 'dd/MM/yyyy')))]"/>

When I yank the DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday conditional, it works fine but displays past events.  I've also outputted the FormatDateTime and I have a well-formed date being passed to the function.  Any ideas?  I've been using the following post for reference:

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 21, 2010 @ 22:02
    Tom Fulton

Just for kicks, maybe try removing the FormatDateTime or try formatting differently?

The below code works for me, eventEndDate is coming directly from a Date Picker w/Time

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/node [@nodeTypeAlias = 'Event' and umbraco.library:DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday(data[@alias='eventEndDate'])]">

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    May 21, 2010 @ 22:05
    Jeff Grine

Looks like that function will throw an exception if it won't parse as a date. Have you tried changing your format to MM/dd/yyyy? Seems like if your culture settings are set to US a string like 21/05/2010 might not parse as a date. 

If that's not it, best to run it in the debugger locally to see what exception is actually being thrown.

• Darryl Godden 145 posts 197 karma points
    May 22, 2010 @ 10:32
    Darryl Godden

Get your date and put it into the variable with the date format. Then use XSL if to test the DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday.

• Jeff Kwong 31 posts 51 karma points
    May 24, 2010 @ 20:57
    Jeff Kwong

Ugh, the date formatting was the issue.  Thanks so much.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft