Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Bennett 9 posts 30 karma points
    May 17, 2016 @ 12:47
    Richard Bennett

Support/ticketing system

Hi All

Does anyone know if there are any packages out there that act as a support/ticketing system as part of Umbraco. Our client uses Umbraco for their website content and it seems to make sense that there is a section for support (from us to them) to monitor.

Help would be appreciated

Thanks

Richard

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 18, 2016 @ 06:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

I can't remember coming across a package that does what you describe above so I don't think something like it currently exists.

But I guess that it's something that you should be able to create so the editors have support nearby whenever they're stuck. A custom "Support" section might be handy or perhaps a button placed where the "Preview" and "Save and publish" buttons are, named "Support" and when they click it an overlay with a support form pops up maybe?

That could probably be a very useful thing - But as mentioned I don't think it currently exists so you would have to make it yourself.

Hope this answers your question :)

/Jan

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 19, 2016 @ 09:54
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Richard,

Actually a brilliant idea — haven't thought about it before, but it makes perfect sense for the client to be able to easily "log" issues etc. right from within Umbraco... much easier to grab the vitals (screen & viewport size, backoffice-page etc.) for us while they just jot down what happened/didn't happen.

/Chriztian

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    May 19, 2016 @ 10:03
    Steve Morgan

Unless of course your site is down.. then the ticketing system is down :)

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 19, 2016 @ 10:07
    Chriztian Steinmeier

@Steve

Of course :-)

Much more thinking about issues like "I just created a Munging Widget, but can't pick it in the frontpage collection..." ...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft