Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wietze Strik 27 posts 131 karma points
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 12:05
    Wietze Strik

umb-image-folder gone

I've been developing a custom plugin with some image upload functionality. I had this working great with the angular umb-image-folder control. I only had to create a folder in the media section programmatically and assign it to the control. Then the user would be able to upload images with drag and drop.

But when I recently upgraded to 7.4.3, this wasn't working anymore. After some investigation, I figured out this control doesn't exist anymore. All I've found is two separate controls; umb-file-dropzone combined with the umb-photo-folder.

Does anybody know how to use these controls or is there a better way? Please let me know.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 12:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Wietze

The directive has probably been refactored since there has been a lot of polishing in the 7.4 release - What version did you upgrade from?

Perhaps you can find a corresponding directive in the newly released documentation here https://our.umbraco.org/apidocs/ui/#/api ? - Please note that not all directives etc. have been fully documented yet though.

There is also a slight chance you need to refactor the module entirely since the media section also got an overhaul in the 7.4 release.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jun 28, 2016 @ 12:59
    Wietze Strik

Hi Jan,

thanks for the quick response. I thought I mentioned the version I upgraded from. But apparently I forgot; it was 7.3.6 I'll have a good look at the documentation. Already saw that the the umbPhotoFolder is deprecated. Maybe I can find something else.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 15:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Wietze

Yes then that directive is gone - Please share what you figure out during your research so others might benefit from it :)

Cheers, Jan

Jul 19, 2016 @ 12:54
    Wietze Strik

Ended up using the umb-file-dropzone and umb-media-grid. You can use the code from the umb-media-picker as an example. Just copied the code from the controller that I needed. The files I used are: Umbraco\Views\propertyeditors\mediapicker\mediapicker.html Umbraco\js\umbraco.controllers.js:3267 (Umbraco.Overlays.MediaPickerController)

Hope someone benefits from it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft