Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nguyen Dung Tri 106 posts 606 karma points
    Jul 23, 2016 @ 12:16
    Nguyen Dung Tri

Cannot run Umbraco source code on Visual Studio 2015 [Working with the Umbraco Source]

Hi,

I want to develop a package (plugin) for Umbraco-CMS and the package is going to installable Umbraco V7. From the document of Umbraco, I have access https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS to do get latest source code of Umbraco-CMS. But during trying to run the solution, I got some issue:

I have cloned the Umbraco-CMS from GitHub and try to run the solution on Visual Studio 2015. But when it is combined and view on Chrome Browser. It has view only a page without text or form like this:

enter image description here

It should run into install page but it just show an image without any text and form. What should I do next to make the Umbraco project run on my local computer?

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 25, 2016 @ 08:53
    Shannon Deminick

You need to run the grunt script which is referenced here https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS#building-umbraco-from-source

I'll update the readme file to be more clear. When working with VS, you should run:

grunt vs 

from the src\Umbraco.Web.UI.Client folder, or you can run the grunt vs task from Visual Studio's task runner.

Also, if you run the build.bat file, this will ensure that the grunt task is run too, along with all npm scripts that need to be executed

• Nguyen Dung Tri 106 posts 606 karma points
    Jul 26, 2016 @ 08:30
    Nguyen Dung Tri

Hi Shannon Deminick,

As your instruction, I have successful in running the source code of Umbraco. Can I as you for how to build a deployed version of Umbraco from source code?

Sincerely,

Dung Tri

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 26, 2016 @ 08:38
    Shannon Deminick

Run the build.bat file

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft