Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nguyen Dung Tri 106 posts 606 karma points
    Oct 04, 2016 @ 10:16
    Nguyen Dung Tri

How to create a connection string which points to Azure Active Directory in Web.Config?

Hello Dan Lister,

I have use your "Active Directory Providers" on my project. When I go to the line of "create connection string which points to Azure Active Directory", I don't know how to create a connection string myself.

Here are the information I got from Azure Active Directory:

ClientId: a92a056f-????-????-????-3a86545656e2

Domain: somedomain.onmicrosoft.com

My account to log into portal.azure.com:

Username: [email protected]
    Pass: xxxxxxxxx

What should I put in connectionUsername, connectionPassword, and connectionstring?

Example:

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="MyMembershipConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://somedomain.onmicrosoft.com/[email protected],OU=somedomain,DC=somedomain,DC=onmicrosoft,DC=com" />
      </connectionStrings>

<add name="MyMembersMembershipProvider" 
               type="RB.ActiveDirectoryProviders.ActiveDirectoryUmbracoMembersMembershipProvider, RB.ActiveDirectoryProviders" 
               connectionStringName="MyMembershipConnectionString" 
               connectionUsername="[email protected]" 
               connectionPassword="xxxxxxxx" 
               attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" 
               defaultMemberType="MemberType" />

When I run my website, it generate an error: Parser Error Message: Unable to establish secure connection with the server

So that my sample connection string is not correct. Do you have any suggestion?

Regards, Dung Tri

• cronywalls 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 15, 2019 @ 06:10
    cronywalls

You can encrypt the connectionstring section of a web.config file by using aspnetregiis.exe command line tool, so it is never stored as plain text. This file is located in the %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\versionNumber folder and you can use with -pef option. Consider you have an application named as MyWebApp. You can encrypt the connectionStrings section of the Web.config file by using aspnetregiis.exe as follows :

aspnet_regiis.exe -pef "connectionStrings" "/MyWebApp"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft