Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bilal Haidar 144 posts 410 karma points
    Oct 27, 2016 @ 07:09
    Bilal Haidar

Paypal for umbraco

Hi, Is there a paypal package for umbraco? I have a website where the customer wants to sell services (business card design, web design, etc.).

I am thinking of not using a full e-commerce solution, but rather being able to allow clients to select a service (out of very few) to purchase.

Thank you.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 27, 2016 @ 12:53
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Bilal,

I think there are no such package.

So you have to use part of ecommerce functionality or create your own Paypal payment provider.

Thanks,

Alex

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 27, 2016 @ 13:00
    Oct 27, 2016 @ 13:47
    Bilal Haidar

Thank you Tim. So I understand from you that I should have some sort of ecommerce solution baked in Umbraco, otherwise, I can create a custom solution something similar to the link above?

/Bilal

Oct 27, 2016 @ 13:49

Yeah the link above allows you to setup a quick ecommerce with Umbraco without a baked in solution basically by adding some attributes to your markup

Haven't done it myself but seems simple enough, you'll still have to log into snipcart to view everything ecommerce wise

Oct 27, 2016 @ 13:57
    Bilal Haidar

Thanks. Sometimes a client just asks for paypal integration without any other advanced features. I am planning to develop a simple shopping cart with product management and check out to paypal inside umbraco without going into a full fledged ecommerce.

of course depending on the problem in hand, if the core of the website is pure ecommerce then for sure better to go to a full fledged ecommerce solution. however, if whats needed is a simple shopping cart, i don't know if it is worth using big solutions for a small problem.

Oct 27, 2016 @ 13:59

Maybe look at https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/simplest-store/ dunno if that already has a payment option

Oct 27, 2016 @ 14:10
    Bilal Haidar

Look nice. I am going to check it out. Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft