Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Samarth Pathak 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 08:08
    Samarth Pathak

How to export import project in umbraco ?

Hello Authors,

We are integrating html template in umbraco. We have integrated it in parts on 3 different systems. Now what we want is to merge them in one single umbraco setup. We want to know about following things:

1.) How to export all the things (e.g, Document Types, Content, Data Types, Media) 2.) How to import the exported things. 3.) Do we need to create a package for this ? If so then how to create it and use it please explain.

Please help us out we need to get it done as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Samarth

Jan 20, 2017 @ 10:08
    Samarth Pathak

Any one out there for help ?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 10:57
    Kevin Jump

HI Samarth

While you can use packages for this - its not really what they where designed to do - they do allow you to package up your settings and install them on another site, but they are additive only and don't map all the settings - its really designed to put little bits of functionality from other users on.

I think you probibly want to look at something like uSync* to merge the settings together.

if you install usync on the three diffrent sites you will get a usync folder containing files that represen all the doctypes, data types ect) and you can then use this to get the everything onto one site.

merging three sites you will probibly have to do a big of manual work to make sure you don't overwrite things, or lose content but you should be able to see this on the disk as usync will produce a folder structure that mapps what is in umbraco.

I would do this for all the settings and templates etc - before worrying about content.

for content you can use uSync.ContentEdition - it will do the same for content, but you will want to make sure everything looks correct before you do this.

equally once everything is setup - CMS Import might be a good way to bring all your content and media together.

*disclaimer - i wrote usync

• blackhawk 313 posts 1368 karma points
    Jun 29, 2017 @ 16:34
    blackhawk

Kevin, can Usync be configured to update existing content on the 2nd instance? rather than adding additional nodes to the 2nd instance? or should I look at a different process to do that?

I want to update my existing staging server content with updated content from my development server.

Thanks

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 29, 2017 @ 18:58
    Kevin Jump

Hi

As long as uSync has something to hook into then it should update the content.

usync really likes to match by guid - but if the at the root level, there is a node that matches one in the import based on name and doctype then usync will hook onto that, and start to sync with everything in that tree.

if however it can't match by name and doctype at the root (and subsequent child levels) it will create the new content. it sort of has to work that way or you could end up with all sorts of overwritten content on a sync .

Kevin

Jan 20, 2017 @ 13:38
    Samarth Pathak

Thanks Kevin,

I will try it now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft