Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Simon Eldevig 29 posts 190 karma points
    Feb 09, 2017 @ 10:00
    Simon Eldevig
    0

    Problem with Google Maps Property Editor package on HTTPS

    Hi,

    We have a solution that uses the Google Maps Property Editor w/ Google Places Autocomplete lookup package (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/google-maps-property-editor-w-google-places-autocomplete-lookup/)

    The site has recently been updated with SSL which gives a problem with the package since it makes a request to http://www.google.com/jsapi? and results in Mixed Content.

    I therefore changed this request to use HTTPS in the package JS controller(/App_Plugins/GMaps/GMaps.controller.js ) and the Umbraco JS controller (/Umbraco/Js/umbraco.controllers.js)

    This fixes the problem in our test environment that doesn't have SSL and I can see that it is requesting the HTTPS correctly.

    When implementing these changes on the live server the changes doesn't go trough, but when I'm navigating to the JS files on the live server I can see my changes clearly.

    Does anybody know how to fix this and make the changes go trough because it is like that the Umbraco Backoffice has cached the HTTP request?

  • Alex Skrypnyk 6060 posts 23282 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Feb 09, 2017 @ 22:11
    Alex Skrypnyk
    100

    Hi Simon

    Maybe there is some issue with ClientDependency cache? Try please to set debug = true on the server. It will refresh cache.

    Thanks,

    Alex

  • Simon Eldevig 29 posts 190 karma points
    Feb 10, 2017 @ 08:23
    Simon Eldevig
    0

    Thank you for the tip Alex!

    I ended up removing the App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency folder which fixed the problem :-)

  • Simon Eldevig 29 posts 190 karma points
    Feb 10, 2017 @ 07:36
    Simon Eldevig
    0

    I will give it a shot Alex :-)

  • Dirk De Grave 4539 posts 6015 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2017 @ 09:27
    Dirk De Grave
    0

    Hi Simon,

    It would be great if you could log this on the issue tracker, so the authors of the package (i'm one of them, although I didn't touch the code for a while) could fix this issue and generate a new package version, so other people can also benefit from it!

    Or even better, fork and send a pull request if you have time and are willing to (no obligations of course)

    FWIW, better to post your question in the right forum, so people get notified of your question (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/google-maps-property-editor-w-google-places-autocomplete-lookup/bugs-feedback-and-suggestions/)

    Cheers,

    Dirk

  • Simon Eldevig 29 posts 190 karma points
    Feb 10, 2017 @ 10:10
    Simon Eldevig
    1

    Hi Dirk,

    The problem has already been solved in the new version of the package that can be found on Github and Nuget, but I didn't want to update the package just change the jsapi resource to not use http.

    The problem then showed to be with ClientDependency cache in Umbraco and actually not the pacakage itself, but the version that can be found via BackOffice is outdated, and I will ask the developer to update this :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft