Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marco Lusini 176 posts 1370 karma points
    Apr 26, 2017 @ 14:49
    Marco Lusini

Created package doesn't set the master template

Hi,

I am trying to create a package for a sort of Starter Kit via the "Create" option in Developer section. IIUIC, the standard package creator doesn't support creating items in Media section, so I'll have to develop some code in order to preset some images and files, but at the moment I'm stuck with simple Templates.

I have included in my package a Master template with a HomePage and Page children template, which have Master as their master, but when I install the created package the site works fine but the children pages still have the "Master template" property set to null...

This is what my test Template section looks like when I create the package: enter image description here

and thi is what it looks like after I install the package:enter image description here

Any hint?

• Bhawna Jain 16 posts 96 karma points
    Apr 28, 2017 @ 10:13
    Bhawna Jain

hello Marco,

Try changing master template of child page from properties to your master page.

Apr 28, 2017 @ 11:53
    Marco Lusini

Yes, changing the master template in properties works as expected, but I would like not to have to edit every template on the imported site...

I guess this is a bug in Umbraco, since I had the same behaviour with Umazel starter kit

• Marthijn Kip 9 posts 96 karma points
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 13:08
    Marthijn Kip

Did you found a solution to this problem?

Apr 05, 2018 @ 13:55
    Marco Lusini

Yes, I edited the created package.xml to manually add a master tag, like this:

<Template>
      <Name>Sample Template</Name>
      <Master>Master Template</Master>
      <Alias>sampleTemplate</Alias>
      <Design>...</Design>
    </Template>

• Marthijn Kip 9 posts 96 karma points
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 14:06
    Marthijn Kip

Thanks, will look intro it!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: