Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Karen Worth 47 posts 140 karma points
    May 30, 2017 @ 14:22
    Karen Worth

Installing a custom package from local hangs in both I.E. and Chrome with no errors or messages

Hi I have successfully created a package ready for installation into another solution, ad hoc, as tasked to do this by my employers. In order to test the whole routine, I have created a new project installation, in VS.2015 framework 4.5.2. and then installed the umbraco cms via manage nuget packages as usual. This is all fine. However, when I then try to install the package I prepared earlier into the new project via the Developer/Packages/Install Local option in the umbraco backend for the new project, it just seems to hang with no error message.
    In I.E. it shows a full green line and just stays there. In Chrome it shows a 8/10 green line and stays there. I've tried this several times now and left it for 30 to 45 minutes per try but nothing. I have made sure that the folder permissions are correct on all folders in the new project etc.
    I have also checked previous threads on this, and can find no satisfactory solution, even though this issue was encountered on an earlier version of umbraco and apparently 'fixed'. I can see various other entries with this same issue with the latest one posted being from 2013, but no responses are recorded against it. Please could someone advise, I do not want to have to resort to having to copy and paste files from one solution to another as this can generate all sorts of issues. We need to be able to use our own custom templates as required. Thanks in advance for your help.

May 31, 2017 @ 10:40
    Karen Worth

So I have tried various things now, at first the log files was saying that there was a pathway too long exception, so I created a new vs application directly in the local root and tried again, currently I am getting System.BadImageFormatException in the log file. This is tremendously annoying. I have literally spent hours on this now. In the end it would just be quicker to keep recreating templates by hand! Plus nothing helpful on umbraco, the only link I found that looked like it might help no longer exists. - I have also tried to find a tutorial on installing a local package, just in case I'm missing something, but nothing. Surely if the install package function in the umbraco backend is going to throw an error, it should SHOW an error, rather than just hanging, or if it doesn't work then remove the option completely from the umbraco backend so busy people don't waste time trying to make it work.

• Bernard Moes 13 posts 134 karma points
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 08:54
    Bernard Moes

What does your package.xml look like?

Jun 07, 2017 @ 13:59
    Karen Worth

Hi Bernard, apologies for the delayed response. I'd actually given up on this and have started using full copies of templates and renaming the root folder accordingly. Where is the package.xml? I haven't been able to find it, in the application that I created the package in originally or in zip folder that is created for the package.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft