Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bernard Moes 13 posts 134 karma points
    May 30, 2017 @ 15:02
    Bernard Moes

How do I edit backoffice templates?

I am currently developing a package (backoffice extension) which helps content editors getting insight in the translation progress and status of multilingual Umbraco websites. I don't have a lot of experience with developing packages and using Umbraco in general. I do have basic Umbraco knowledge and a lot of development experience.

So now I want to edit the backoffice footer: backoffice footer What's the best way to edit/extend this template? I also have to be able to somehow install the changes via a package so if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Jun 01, 2017 @ 12:02
    Bernard Moes

Any update?

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 13:46
    David Brendel

Hi Bernard,

are you trying to change default umbraco views? Like the edit view when editing content?

Then my answer would be don't change them at all. You get in hell when a user updates and everything is gone or worse.

But I think some guys are using interceptors in Angular to change some of the Umbraco backoffice stuff with there own. But thats also more or less hacky.

Haven't any example at hand right now. Maybe google for umbraco angular interceptor.

Regards David

Jun 02, 2017 @ 07:47
    Bernard Moes

Yes I am trying to change the default Umbraco backoffice views. However I don't really like hacky code because compatibility and reliability is very important. If there's no better way of doing this then I might use a custom datatype to display the necessary information.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 08:13
    Søren Kottal

You can intercept angulars loading of the views, and replace them with your own. Theres an article about it here: https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2015/umbraco-7-back-office-tweaks/

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 08:38
    David Brendel

Hi Soren,

yes exactly that was what I head in mind. Just didn't remember where I read it.

But again, for me that's more a hacky way of doing it and it bears potential problems with upgrades.

Regards David

Jun 02, 2017 @ 08:50
    Bernard Moes

Thanks guys. I am not sure if i will be using the interceptors because of the issues David mentioned but at least it's a way to edit the backoffice.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft