Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adriano Fabri 459 posts 1602 karma points
    Nov 14, 2017 @ 12:13
    Adriano Fabri

Could not load all types from...

Hello, I have a problem with my package During installation of my package in a website running Umbraco v7.5.14, I receive a generic error without any details (I have this problem only with this umbraco version).

From this moment the website always throw this error:

Could not load all types from "FALM.Housekeeping, Version=7.6.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" due to LoaderExceptions, skipping:
    . System.TypeLoadException on umbraco.interfaces.IDiscoverable: Unable to load type 'umbraco.interfaces.IDiscoverable' dall'assembly 'interfaces, Version=1.0.6345.13056, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

In the Trace Log I found this error:

2017-11-14 12:33:14,029 [P7860/D2/T1] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred
    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Could not load all types from "FALM.Housekeeping, Version=7.6.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" due to LoaderExceptions, skipping:
    . System.TypeLoadException on umbraco.interfaces.IDiscoverable: Unable to load type 'umbraco.interfaces.IDiscoverable' dall'assembly 'interfaces, Version=1.0.6345.13056, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I don't understand where is the problem and I cannot debug it.

Anyone can help me?

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 14, 2017 @ 12:30
    David Brendel

Hi Adriano,

my guess would be that the FALM.Housekeeping package depends on 7.6 and that the interface umbraco.interfaces.IDiscoverable is not present in 7.5.14. And thus the error occurs that the package DLL can't be loaded.

Regards David

Nov 14, 2017 @ 12:51
    Adriano Fabri

Thank you for your answer...but I don't use the umbraco.interface.iDiscoverable type.

I call umbraco interfaces only when I load my package:

using FALM.Housekeeping.Constants;
    using umbraco.businesslogic;
    using umbraco.interfaces;

namespace FALM.Housekeeping.Applications
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// Application(HkConstants.Application.Alias, HkConstants.Application.Name, HkConstants.Application.Icon, 50)
        /// HkApplication
        /// </summary>
        [Application(HkConstants.Application.Alias, HkConstants.Application.Name, HkConstants.Application.Icon, 50)]
        public class HkApplication : IApplication { }
    }

Nov 14, 2017 @ 15:00
    Adriano Fabri

Oh that's ok...I found it. As you correctly told me, in Umbraco v7.6+, iApplication interface inherits from iDiscoverable, but Umbraco v7.5.14 don't have it

So I must resolve it.

I think to realize a version of my package compatible with Umbraco v7.5

Thank you so much

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 14, 2017 @ 14:47
    David Brendel

Hi Adriano,

the IApplication interface inherits from IDiscoverable.

But the interface is also part of 7.5.14. So not sure what the problem is to be honest.

Regards David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft